lolcorps

I'm not sure what's more offensive....the singing in the show, or the GOD AWFUL version of the classic Cadet unis....

The Cadets unis this year didn't enter my ear canal, (just my eye sockets)

This girl singing off key in the Drum Corps show, however, was both an assault on my eyes as well as my eardrum. So for me anyway it was an easy choice to make as to which was the more offensive.

By the way, which DCI judge, is judging " voice ", and what exactly is he/ she judging exactly ? Anybody here know ? And do most DCI Judges now have training and experience in " Voice ", ie " tone, inflection, range, vibrato, appeggios,breathing, control, etc ? My guess, probably a few of the judges either sing ( or have sung ) professionally, or have taught Voice in College or whatnot to be able to now judge the all important Solo Singers that we will have in shows now. I'd be correct in this assumption, yes ?.. Or not ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

By the way, which DCI judge, is judging " voice ", and what exactly is he/ she judging exactly ? Anybody here know ? And do most DCI Judges now have training and experience in " Voice ", ie " tone, inflection, range, vibrato, appeggios,breathing, control, etc ? My guess, probably a few of the judges either sing ( or have sung ) professionally, or have taught Voice in College or whatnot to be able to now judge the all important Solo Singers that we will have in shows now. I'd be correct in this assumption, yes ?.. Or not ?

I'm not sure, but I know that the multi-percussion (pit) judge at I & E last year was.... a brass judge..

So to answer your question............ Ke$ha?

I'm not sure, but I know that the multi-percussion (pit) judge at I & E last year was.... a brass judge..

So to answer your question............ Ke$ha?

Really ?.... Oh brother.

That's like having a figure skating judge call the balls and strikes behind home plate in a baseball game.

Really ?.... Oh brother.

That's like having a figure skating judge call the balls and strikes behind home plate in a baseball game.

well then hell, i'm qualified to judge guard :tongue:

• Like 1

well then hell, i'm qualified to judge guard :tongue:

Sure, it makes sense if we have brass judges now judging an all percussion DCI Competition event.

Oh and by the way... does a Corps get a better competitive edge with a singer soloist or a brass soloist ?

Well, strictly from a competitive edge angle, it's clear to me it's better to go with the singer soloist instead of a brass soloist.

Why ? Well if the brass soloist fracks a note or two, the brass judge picks it up. On the other hand, if the singer soloist " fracks " a note or two, or sings a little off key, maybe the brass or GE judge doesn't pick up on it.

Thus, don't be all that surpised if we see more and more saavy Corps incorporating more singers into their shows as soloists. If it might give your Corps a competitive edge, then you'd be foolish NOT to consider it, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Sure, it makes sense if we have brass judges now judging an all percussion DCI Competition event.

Oh and by the way... does a Corps get a better competitive edge with a singer soloist or a brass soloist ?

Well, strictly from a competitive edge angle, it's clear to me it's better to go with the singer soloist instead of a brass soloist.

Why ? Well if the brass soloist fracks a note or two, the brass judge picks it up. On the other hand, if the singer soloist " fracks " a note or two, or sings a little off key, maybe the brass or GE judge doesn't pick up on it.

Thus, don't be all that surpised if we see more and more saavy Corps incorporating more singers into their shows as soloists. If it might give your Corps a competitive edge, then you'd be foolish NOT to consider it, imo.

this is exactly what has been happening for the last 7 years. It's painfully obvious that there is no penalty for crappy use of electronics, or horribly written and performed narration. At most, those 2 things can not hurt you...as opposed to a cymbal line, which, at most can only hurt you, which is why there are very few cymbal lines, and everyone is using synths.