Could the cadets be heading for the most unpopular dci victory ever?

most unpopular dci victory?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. are cadets maybe heading for the most un popular dci win of all time

• yes
    • no

If the Cadets said two sentences like 'Coats do this year....I think people would care a LOT less.

I hate to break it to you, but the coats have more than doubled their use of narration since the last time I saw them. Anyone at annapolis and/ or allentown could back this up. Probably 7 or 8 seperate lines, plus the beat-boxing. If I had to guess I would say it ran between 30-40 seconds. Still less than 20% of what the cadets use (and theyre cutting more every day), but its getting up there....

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have an example, a CLEAR example of this, but I am choosing not to call that person out.

Person does not = PEOPLE. If you're gonna get all bent out of shape over one person's response, then you're not as thick skinned as you suggest you are in dealing with criticism. Sometimes it's best to just let people believe what they want.

I hate to break it to you, but the coats have more than doubled their use of narration since the last time I saw them. Anyone at annapolis and/ or allentown could back this up. Probably 7 or 8 seperate lines, plus the beat-boxing. If I had to guess I would say it ran between 30-40 seconds. Still less than 20% of what the cadets use (and theyre cutting more every day), but its getting up there....

Well, that's disappointing to hear...

Oh, well. Life goes on. :)

Also as far as the Cadets getting criticism for it, I am sure they don't mind seeing as how they won one year with it (and winning all captions, no less) and they are doing pretty well with it this year. So criticise all you want. I am sure they'll continue to push the criticism over a cliff and continue working to perfect their show.

Well, ultimately, this is the point. The Cadets have never shied away from controversy or edginess (where's MikeD to talk about the flak they got for the peace sign thing way back when?). I highly doubt that anyone in the Cadets organization gives a hoot what is said here. They are doing what they think is right for their organization, within the rules, and obviously within the judges sheets.

Person does not = PEOPLE. If you're gonna get all bent out of shape over one person's response, then you're not as thick skinned as you suggest you are in dealing with criticism. Sometimes it's best to just let people believe what they want.

Actually I may have let you misunderstand my post when I brought up one person because I chose to bring up just one. But to clarify, I have MANY examples of this. But like I said before, I am not going to point them out. This argument is getting heated enough. And I am not getting bent-out-of-shape as you put it. I arguing as many others are. And I AM pretty thick-skinned buddy. And as far as letting people believe what they want, from reading a lot of your posts, I'd think you'd take your own advice.

Actually I may have let you misunderstand my post when I brought up one person because I chose to bring up just one. But to clarify, I have MANY examples of this. But like I said before, I am not going to point them out. This argument is getting heated enough. And I am not getting bent-out-of-shape as you put it. I arguing as many others are. And I AM pretty thick-skinned buddy. And as far as letting people believe what they want, from reading a lot of your posts, I'd think you'd take your own advice.

I do take my own advice. Many times. Just not in this thread. :) Though I'm not really the one being attacked.

But if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me a list of screen names (or even ONE screen name) so I could do the research myself and see if they really did a complete 180 from HATE to LOVE as you say, then I'd appreciate it. I promise the board right now I will not reprint their names or quote anything they said. I'll even print a retraction of what I said if what you're saying is true....I'm a fan of pointing out inconsistencies like that. I just have never personally seen any one person around here do a complete 180 like that.

Edited by rut-roh

But if you wouldn't mind PM'ing me a list of screen names (or even ONE screen name) so I could do the research myself and see if they really did a complete 180 from HATE to LOVE as you say, then I'd appreciate it. I promise the board right now I will not reprint their names or quote anything they said. I'll even print a retraction of what I said if what you're saying is true....I'm a fan of pointing out inconsistencies like that. I just have never personally seen any one person around here do a complete 180 like that.

I'm with you on this one -- promise goes for me too. Sure, some folks say that they like the narration in X corps show but didn't like in Y corps show. But that's not the same thing as saying that you hate narration in EVERY instance, and then say the you LOVED it in corps X's show ("X" in this case being anyone but the Cadets). I haven't seen it, and will gladly admit that it exists if shown to me.

Regardless, it's got to be a small minority of folks here. People either:

a ) hate narration in every form and are all to happy to tell you that even if the topic at hand is who had the best food truck

b ) like it in some shows and dislike it in others, like many other aspects of drum corps

c ) love it, want more of it, dream about it (MikeD!!!)

d ) couldn't care less either way (probably the majority of lurkers and posters who avoid topics like this one!!)

and maybe this elusive category

e) HATE it with the Cadets, LOVE it with everyone else

Haven't seen that last one, but will admit that the category exists when shown to me.

Edited by Liam