What Year Did you age out?

I aged out the year I discovered drum corps. I came from the UK in 1983 on a holiday (quaint aint it) when was I 22. Aaaah

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aged out more than once. Seneca Princemen in 1975. Loved being in this corps. They merged with Toronto Optimists to become Seneca Optimists later that year. I quit marching before 21 years old 'cause I was going to university in Kitchener-Waterloo. Taught Dutch Boy Cadets, great group. Asked to march with Oakland Crusaders in spring of 1976 'cause they needed another flag. Got to go to DCI finals and really age out in 1976. Got the opportunity to march with Alberta All Girls, exhibition group in 1977, no age limit. "Aged out" with them in 1979. Kept my 'shoes' each time. Good thing, 'cause I needed them. Got to find a senior corps in western Canada. Getting itchy feet.

Aged out more than once. Seneca Princemen in 1975. Loved being in this corps. They merged with Toronto Optimists to become Seneca Optimists later that year. I quit marching before 21 years old 'cause I was going to university in Kitchener-Waterloo. Taught Dutch Boy Cadets, great group. Asked to march with Oakland Crusaders in spring of 1976 'cause they needed another flag. Got to go to DCI finals and really age out in 1976. Got the opportunity to march with Alberta All Girls, exhibition group in 1977, no age limit. "Aged out" with them in 1979. Kept my 'shoes' each time. Good thing, 'cause I needed them. Got to find a senior corps in western Canada. Getting itchy feet.

Hi, Linda! Good to see you posting on DCP! You would be a tremendous asset to any corps you chose to march with. :wub:

To - Aged out in 1979, in 4th place at finals in Birmingham.

Alberta All Girls went by bus to Birmingham 1979. I had to work and took a flight later, Edmonton to Winnipeg to Chicago to Atlanta to Birmingham. Luggage lost in Chicago. No problem. Birmingham was wonderful. Took pictures of prelims but not enough pictures. (Posted on Old Photos thread.) I had a great time there that year and I do remember the clean blue with Georgia on my mind. Thanks to all competitors that year. I did get my luggage 2 days later just in time to head to Florida. So all was good.

Edited by lindap

• 4 weeks later...

Aged out in 1968. Marched five years with the Spartans. Don't think many people switched corps in those days unless they moved house. Sad to see that most of the corps I competed against have folded. <**> <**> <**>

1988 - after making finals for two years with a corps I started with in 1982 that got 33rd and a 56.? at finals in Montreal.

1981 Montreal Finals.

It was 1968 but I wasn't in a corps at the time :(