Atlanta Show thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NAPOLEON!

HAHA! I said that when I saw it live.

lol, middle school? i'm probably older than you man. I'm just disappointed that a show like this is ruined by the narration... Your right it is like watching a drum corps show and someone is yelling in ur ear.

Like someone said a week or two ago, I liked "1000 Airplanes on the Roof" a lot better when it was called "The Canyon"...

Maybe that person (or you) should let Glass know he needs to branch out more. Or write a bunch of stuff that's less self-referencing. Minimalism gets that a lot...that it all sounds the same. I don't think you can blame PR for sounding like they are playing Glass (and yeah, SCV played Glass, too...so I guess it's off the table forever?)

From my perspective, 1000 doesn't sound a thing like Canyon. Have you heard the original versions?

This Cadet corps is amazing. The narration isn't adding anything for me. There. I said it. If anything, it's seriously detracting from my enjoyment of what is an otherwise stellar program. The story is not taking center stage here...it's competing (and losing) to horns and drums and guard. And I think I am happy it is losing. My opinion only and your mileage may vary.

I like amps nor do I hate them, but none of you on here were talking crap when Blooo was speaking throughout their show. (no offense to Bloo, just an example)

Well, there's intergration...and overkill for most of us not taking with amps/narration/etc.

The "cop speak" is still pretty corny...but it's far less by comparison.

if Cadets show was in a theater setting like blast was then I wouldn't have issue with all the narration.... as theater goers would like the "story" .... but think because the majority of DC fans marched, we get the story without the long narration....

Good hornline under it all....could be championship....drills still dirty and some minor issues, not sure of potential.....how much more can they improve since narration isn't "judged" and its such a big part of the show?

A. The Cadets are amazingly talented and can play!!!

B. I've never had a problem with narration

C. That said, I think the cadets narration absolutley distracts from their show and they should heavily scale it back. It masks their wonderful sound.

D. Because of the narration, I just felt like the show came off very sesame street-y. . .trying to present a message, but not really succeeding.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay