Atlanta Show thread

Honestly, Andrew.. i see your point, but i've never been one to hold a stopwatch on anything in a show.. and I find that people who do are usually trying to prove their point that something they dont' like is either over or under-done by some corps or other. I think that's a little obsessive anytime someone does it.

It's a waste of energy. Sit back. Enjoy or go get a hot dog.. but really.. timing their "talk time?" to quote another couple of posters here tonight, "lame."

As always, JMO.

Stef

Agreed. BESIDES - this is no shocker - he ALWAYS hates the Cadets :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown 6th in brass? I'm just a drummer so maybe I am not seeing something, but really?!

Honestly, Andrew.. i see your point, but i've never been one to hold a stopwatch on anything in a show.. and I find that people who do are usually trying to prove their point that something they dont' like is either over or under-done by some corps or other. I think that's a little obsessive anytime someone does it.

It's a waste of energy. Sit back. Enjoy or go get a hot dog.. but really.. timing their "talk time?" to quote another couple of posters here tonight, "lame."

As always, JMO.

Stef

I see your point, Stef, but honestly, it's 10:30pm (Central Time) and here we are debating a Drum Corps show. Aren't we all just a bit obsessive? I did that only because I wanted to see if what I felt when I saw the show on the webcast a couple of weeks ago was backed up by fact.

Agreed. BESIDES - this is no shocker - he ALWAYS hates the Cadets :P

Hee hee, I can take that in the spirit you meant it, George. Honestly, I thought their 2001 show, "Juxtaperformance" was one of the best I've seen. They've just been getting increasingly gimmicky since then, and, well, that's just not my style. I'd say that about any corps. I love the Cavies, but I whined about the gimmicky ladders in their show a couple of years ago. I think the Cadets are trying to drive things in a direction to prove one man's vision. IMO, their shows suffer for it - but that doesn't mean that they don't have a good corps or a lot of talent. I just get too distracted by the gimmicks. Just me.

I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS THE SCOUTS SHOW IS THE BEST SHOW THIS YEAR.

Hit the report button for the offensive post.

That's all it takes. :)

No it does not. I may not be familiar with which button to press but do NOT associate me with being "equally bad".

Crown 6th in brass? I'm just a drummer so maybe I am not seeing something, but really?!

Crown has the attacks down, and blow right through the phrase very, very well...almost better than anyone else now.

I think it's just a matter of a few off moments when they're on the move in the show, and getting some of the "muddy" out of the more exposed parts they have.

But, yeah...those big, fat chords...that's good stuff. :)