Atlanta Show thread

My apologies if it has been mentioned, but what was the attendance this year in comparison to last year's?

WAY DOWN! Tons of open seats.

Cheers, :blink:

Sean

w/Stp:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok a word of advice/suggestion to the people that hate the narration: If you are at a show that the Cadets are performing, don't sit through the entire 11:30 show and biotch about the narration. there might be people around you that are actually trying to ENJOY the HARD WORK the kids are putting in for YOUR enjoyment. it's especially annoying when you're complaining about 2 rows behind the judges at the atlanta regional...if you read this and feel guilty then it's probably you. if you don't like the show, get up and leave and go complain about the narration to a toilet or a concession stand attendant, both of which won't give a d@mn.

*gets off soapbox*

WAY DOWN! Tons of open seats.

Cheers, :blink:

Sean

w/Stp:

Bah! Was there any reason why?

They're not booing the corps

I'm not afraid to press charges for theft

Sorry Wheelerand - I have signatures turned off. My bad.

There are certain conclusions that you can draw with a webcast and some that you can't.

"Too much narration," "the arrangements are great," "repertoire seems disjoint," "horse costumes look bizarre," "lines weren't straight," etc., are statements that can be made following a webcast, in my opinion.

but those weren't his statements

making "conclusions" such as "the narration doesn't work" or the "progam is ineffective" is not wise watching a 3" streaming webcast - IMO

effectiveness & execution MUST be judged in person - even DVD quality recordings really are NOT the same as a live performance for judging such things and reaching any sort of "conclusion"

making "conclusions" such as "the narration doesn't work" or the "progam is ineffective" is not wise watching a 3" streaming webcast - IMO

effectiveness & execution MUST be judged in person - even DVD quality recordings really are NOT the same as a live performance for judging such things and reaching any sort of "conclusion"

Ahh, but if it is enough for a person to reach that conclusion, then it is, for them. Maybe not for you. At the end of the day they're all just opinions. Even the judges...they just get to have more weight behind theirs. Wise or not. And what's wise got to do with drum corps? LOL.

You may not agree with it. You may think they are missing out on a great show because they just don't like it. Too bad.

FWIW, I still am shocked at how much I don't like the narration (on a 21" computer monitor with full screen going) in the Cadets show. I will see it in Pasadena and am prepared to eat my words, because that might change, but I would prefer that I didn't have to hear all that speaking again, and if I could just hear the music and see that great visual show. It's like a toastmasters meeting.

Oh, and Bluecoats...the narration and tendency toward the slightly cheezy is, in my mind, not as big of a deal but I'm not sold on it and I don't know how much it adds. Maybe less of it. If there were less of it, it might well be more effective.

Does anyone else find it interesting that the ONE recap category that seems to be in line with placements (and therefore a possible placement indicator come finals) is MUSIC. All the other placements are all over the place. This could be another year where the championship is won by a corps that doesn't win a single sub-caption.