Academy...why the special treatment, DCI

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it shouldn't. If anything it should validate the POSIBILITY that there is some favoritism going on behind the scenes. I didn't see or hear the show but word on the street is that some things were very shady about them scoring as high as they did. Especially whoopin on the Colts and Glassmen. I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea that Academy is getting what they really deserve. Just my opinion and I'm entitled to it so if you don't like it...tuff! I think Academy is getting candy thrown at them and it just aint right.

change the year to 1985 and academy to star of indiana. and you have history repeating itself.(sine much the same was said about star at the time.)

I love it how you call him a troll yet he's been a member of this message board longer than you.

Irony at its finest.

Pffft...this is the internet which seems to not have any effect on the real world (ingest that as you may).

Fick has been through much worse that he has placed himself in and his stout butt has still broken doors off the hinges that have slammed it.

Edited by fick

Yes, but does Chuck Norris know this? B)

Wow. Academy fans are like soccer moms and/or over enthusiastic, middle aged dads at little league games. The kids play the game and have the fun and worry not about scores and placement, and the parents bicker and quarrel and belittle and feud with each other, making themselves look stupid and turning away any potential new love, devotion and loyalty from newer people; ie: you are making spectacles of yourselves and borg-like devotion damages your credibility and keeps unbiased people from forming accurate opinions regarding the corps on its own merit.

I'm not trying to Honk or anything of that sort, but the only people I see that are complaining about the scores are the ones saying the Colts and G-men should have beaten the Academy.

I have read stuff similar to, "Wow, the Colts got hosed. They were so much cleaner, etc."

And honestly what I see here is people who love a corps, trying to defend against Academy-bashing. Which has become prevalent after San Antonio.

edit- forgot a word.

Edited by rosski47

...just another door. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to Honk or anything of that sort, but the only people I see that are complaining about the scores are the ones saying the Colts and G-men should have beaten the Academy.

I have read stuff similar to, "Wow, the Colts got hosed. They were so much cleaner, etc."

And honestly what I see here is people who love a corps, trying to defend against Academy-bashing. Which has become prevalent after San Antonio.

Yeah, but fortunately, this thread is about making a rule and sticking to it.

Yeah, but fortunately, this thread is about making a rule and sticking to it.

The unfortunate part is that the thread has not stuck to that topic.

And btw, I'm gonna email DCI, just to get clarification on what their rule was for SA.

As the only person in DCP who has yet to post on this thread, I feel compelled to weigh in...

Testicles!

That is all

Troy

P.S. In all seriousness, just let corps do what's best for them and don't penalize them for doing it. That's why DCI was founded, and they seem to be doing an OK job of sticking to it. Go Academy!