Academy...why the special treatment, DCI

:lolhit:

you forgot "how dare the activity expand" but i can't do them nearly as well as you... take the idea and run with it.... lol!

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until DCI is run like the front office of the NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL it will always be considered a Good Old Boy organization.
The logic behind comparing non-profit youth organizations frequently run by volunteer labor to mulit-million, sometimes multi-billion dollar corporations leaves me quite miffed. :huh:

The logic behind comparing non-profit youth organizations frequently run by volunteer labor to mulit-million, sometimes multi-billion dollar corporations leaves me quite miffed. :wub:

You are miffed because it contradicts and absolutely makes no sense at all. You are not alone.

:huh:

BUT...BUT...DCI is branding itself as the "Major League of Marching Music". Perhaps more "transparency"?

And nope...I ain't starting ANY threads!!! :-)

BUT...BUT...DCI is branding itself as the "Major League of Marching Music". Perhaps more "transparency"?

And nope...I ain't starting ANY threads!!! :-)

People should understand that an ad slogan like that is crafted mainly for those who do not see "under the hood", and DCP is "under the hood". I would also contend that things like Tim Donaghy, Michael VIck and Barry Bonds dwarf the Great Academy Scandal of Aught Seven like a super nova does an asteroid. How does one imagine these things look from the inside?

It's as fair as letting Academy not mount the tour schedule that the rest of the Div 1 corps live with.

It's as fair as letting the Pioneers play on the same field as the Cadets and the Cavies. At least the Pioneer's get out there and do the tour.

So what, one corps dominates. Maybe that helps draw people to the Div 2/3 finals.

Just my opinion.................

Also, some of the corps that aren't out there this year had way more than financial troubles. Let's don't hang our hats on that entirely.

This whole thread is silly.

The rest of corps do not have to live with the schedule. Notice PC and Mandarins are not doing "FULL" tours.

That is all....

Academy's performance last night should end this thread.

:huh:

No it shouldn't. If anything it should validate the POSIBILITY that there is some favoritism going on behind the scenes. I didn't see or hear the show but word on the street is that some things were very shady about them scoring as high as they did. Especially whoopin on the Colts and Glassmen. I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea that Academy is getting what they really deserve. Just my opinion and I'm entitled to it so if you don't like it...tuff! I think Academy is getting candy thrown at them and it just aint right.

No it shouldn't. If anything it should validate the POSIBILITY that there is some favoritism going on behind the scenes. I didn't see or hear the show but word on the street is that some things were very shady about them scoring as high as they did. Especially whoopin on the Colts and Glassmen. I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea that Academy is getting what they really deserve. Just my opinion and I'm entitled to it so if you don't like it...tuff! I think Academy is getting candy thrown at them and it just aint right.
You have never seen them, and you are leveling these sorts of allegations?

This is internet forums at it's worst. Do you think that people from this organization do not read these boards. You should be ashamed of yourself. I feel shame.

my question is how can you form the opinion that they are not deserving of their well earned success if you have not seen their show?

my question is how can you form the opinion that they are not deserving of their well earned success if you have not seen their show?

Well geee....I guess you just have to clarify everything you say around here. No! I have not seen the show............LIVE. YES!!!!! I did see their show via cyber cast. Do I have a right to an opinion NOW? Holy crap!!!