Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish

Poll  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Phantom Regiment's 6th place finish at the Southwestern Championships?

• Yes
    • No

Oh, come on--I thought they were both cool! Actually, I'd like to see Crown "gallop" off the field, too. Fun effect, no?

Now, talk about effect--and I'm sure based on placements/scores that they got no credit for it--I really enjoyed dodging the two pigeons flying around inside the dome. Surprised nobody else has mentioned those yet.

DUCK!!

No--pigeon. Oh, nevermind.

I guess my point is that it truly is a matter of opinion and each person has their likes & dislikes. After reading this whole post, I guess I'm a bit puzzled at the anger when it's obvious each person here has a passion of some sort for drum corps. I can't say I dislike Crown's show - it's different as it Phantom's but I am biased and I hope Phantom can clean it up for Pasadena!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, sarcasto. . .whatever it is supposed to be, its not effective for me. . .sorry my opinion differs from yours.

TXMystreaux - I am sorry how my post came across. I know you have a differring opinion than me and I respect that. I was trying to be "tongue in cheek" and it failed. I thought the jazz run section in Firebird was very effective but I realize that my opinion could be/is swayed by my being a fan of this corps.

Another section that I find to be quite effective is when the corps "groups" on the left hand side of the field at the 2:10 mark (note: this is the time from the newest San Antonio Encorps video). All that follow the leader drill in front/around the black banner is really neat IMO.

One thing I would love to see is the black "birds" in Suggestion Diabolique start to attack horn players in the same way that the demons from last year started to coherce horn players when Phantom ended their show last year. Why not throw a bit of "The Birds" in for fun in that section of the show.

Again - I am sorry how my post came across.

Scott

it's total crap. i know it's not very helpful to just say "phantom is amazing," and leave it at that, but it's the truth. the music is wonderful, the drill is, from what i hear, challenging, and they're pretty much always on the move (unlike bd and cavies :/) ... it's just nonsense.

crown was good. coats were good. phantom is better. period. i don't know why phantom keeps getting slammed when the corps ahead of them play easier parts while standing still... it's a travesty.

I TOTALLY agree with you 100% :)

I can't believe people are still complaining about this

Eh....it was 1 guy's first post...no biggie