Cornhusker Pride! Lincoln , NE

I don't see Phantom catching Cadets this year. Cadets still have lots to clean as well and an overall better show in terms of design. Phantom is, no doubt, excellent as always, but they will not catch Cadets. Now, I think Bluecoats can catch Cadets and BD.

I don't agree with the design thing, but I agree PR will most likely not catch Cadets this year. 4th tops, more likely 5th--Blooo just too amazing.

But I have to say once again, and this is why I disagree with the design comment, Regiment, even with an off-night in SA (and a penalty someone said??) has the best, most seamless ensemble design between brass and percussion that I ever remember. The transitions between movements are just amazing, and I'm not totally sold on the show concept!

And I bleed PR. I just don't drink any Kool-Aid--bad experience with Michigan water.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Phantom catching Cadets this year. Cadets still have lots to clean as well and an overall better show in terms of design. Phantom is, no doubt, excellent as always, but they will not catch Cadets. Now, I think Bluecoats can catch Cadets and BD.

I realize they most likely won't catch the Cadets this year.

Howevery, I really like Phantom's show design. I thought it was very fresh, musical, and artistic.

I think SCV is poised to move forward. I'm hoping Phantom really explores the musical possibilities of the flower duet rather then plow through it again like i saw in Atlanta.

I agree. I think the Flower Duet tempo is just too fast, and I'm surprised judges aren't saying the same (or if they are, I'm surprised Phantom keeps doing it).

Tonight:

Cadets on top

Phantom 2nd - less than a point from Cadets

SCV 3rd - between 1 and 1.5 points behind PR

I do think that Bluecoats have peaked early, and you will se Phantom re-surge to the finish line with more added to the show, and lots more cleaned. For some reason, it seems Phantom has more to add to their show than any other corps still (and more to clean). I do think some of the transitions are not done and I feel like that we haven't seen quite all of the tricks for Phantom this year.

This is such a great year for the Top 7. I can't wait to see how it all plays out!

I don't agree with the design thing, but I agree PR will most likely not catch Cadets this year. 4th tops, more likely 5th--Blooo just too amazing.

But I have to say once again, and this is why I disagree with the design comment, Regiment, even with an off-night in SA (and a penalty someone said??) has the best, most seamless ensemble design between brass and percussion that I ever remember. The transitions between movements are just amazing, and I'm not totally sold on the show concept!

And I bleed PR. I just don't drink any Kool-Aid--bad experience with Michigan water.

There is much more to good design than a great, seamless music program although that is a good start. As far as overall designs go, meaning the marriage of the music and the visual, Cadets are easily ahead of Phantom.

I also thought the Flower Duet was to fast. I saw them early. By know I thought they would have perhaps uped some other tempi in the show and slowed it down or else cut something to give them the time to slow it down.

Adding stuff in and saving some surprises for championship week is fun and all that. I just hope Phantom hasn't waited to long to make their changes and add the final elements in.

I hope it's

The Cadets

Santa Clara Vanguard

Phantom Regiment (probably less than .5 under SCV)

I hope SCV can PERFORM their way to at least 5th this year! ^OO^

(C'mon SCV - start performing your show for us!)

Hopefully the rain stays away this year!

Hopefully the rain stays away this year!

Ohhh man,....last year was one of the scariest skies I ever saw last year... :rock: