Cornhusker Pride! Lincoln , NE

No joke. Literally EVERY time they jump, they get knocked back to where they were a week before. And the longer term picture?

85.4 at Warrenton 7/9

87.6 at Lincoln 7/25

2.2 points in more than two weeks?

Either SCV's gettin' the shaft or they're eatin' too much PB&J in line at Miss Amana. Methinks the former, but there's no arguing - SOMETHING is wrong here.

But yes, friggin GO Phantom! I loves me an underdog.

I really don't know what to think...I know the corps still has the same rehearsal work ethic they had when I marched..I watched them work their tails off at Murf. The show looked a lot cleaner from Atlanta to San Antonio so I don't know..And yeah 2.2 in a little more than two weeks is rough..And with the score tonight, they aren't even a point ahead of where they were 9 days ago..? Wow!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda shocked to see Cadets score low with PR so close

I wonder if there were penalties or tons of changes thrown in or something??

maybe Phantom's changes are working out for the better?????

plus, they had alot more room to grow/clean etc...

agree. I think the Flower Duet tempo is just too fast, and I'm surprised judges aren't saying the same (or if they are, I'm surprised Phantom keeps doing it).

Tonight:

Cadets on top

Phantom 2nd - less than a point from Cadets

SCV 3rd - between 1 and 1.5 points behind PR

I do think that Bluecoats have peaked early, and you will se Phantom re-surge to the finish line with more added to the show, and lots more cleaned. For some reason, it seems Phantom has more to add to their show than any other corps still (and more to clean). I do think some of the transitions are not done and I feel like that we haven't seen quite all of the tricks for Phantom this year.

This is such a great year for the Top 7. I can't wait to see how it all plays out!

I was right! Phantom was less than a point from Cadets. I didn't think the spread from SCV to Phantom would be that much - but GO REGIMENT!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!

When I started the Bumped up score topic everyone said all the corps were cleaning like crazy and started to get a feel for their show all at the same time. Of course you don't hear that now when it comes to SCV. They are better than their score indicates! Are scores being manipulated (IMO) yes, so who's to say who's better and who's not!

I'm not suggesting winners are preselected I'm just saying that they are ramping the scores for maximum finals attendance!

Edited by Phantombari1

Mon

1 The Cadets 91.400

2 Phantom Regiment 89.400

3 Colts 80.600

4 Blue Stars 79.950

5 The Academy 79.350

Today

1 The Cadets 91.050

2 Phantom Regiment 90.100

3 Santa Clara Vanguard 87.600

4 Blue Stars 80.400

5 The Academy 79.350

6 Troopers 74.900

When I started the Bumped up score topic everyone said all the corps were cleaning like crazy and started to get a feel for their show all at the same time. Of course you don't hear that now when it comes to SCV. They are better than their score indicates! Are scores being manipulated (IMO) yes, so who's to say who's better and who's not!

They may be better than their score indicates, but are they better than the 6 corps above them? There are only 100 possible points to award, and if SCV isn't better than one or more of those 6 corps above them, they can't get those points.

Edited by dciguy01