Blue Stars 2007

Blue Stars in finals  

199 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think the Blue Stars will finish in?

• 15th
    • 14th
    • 13th
    • 12th
    • 11th
    • 10th
    • 9th

John Williams will prevent that from happening.

Regarding Stars, something I heard...and it's strictly rumor in the stands...was that Stars were headed down to Indiana next year. Just chatter, or any truth to that?

They held their spring training at Ben Davis HS in Indy this year and, after seeing the facilities, I can understand why. Awesome school with a great stadium and lots of extra fields. BUT, I just cannot see them leaving La Crosse with the support they get there. Like this:

http://www.wkbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=672...nav=menu239_5_3

Watch all three spots, because it is an excellent series.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Stars, something I heard...and it's strictly rumor in the stands...was that Stars were headed down to Indiana next year. Just chatter, or any truth to that?

Just chatter. You may have heard this because Blue Stars have their spring camp in IN now. They have a great facility and it is centrally located for the traveling members. Stars would never leave LaCrosse...the community is so involved and invested in them. There is a huge support base there that they wouldn't leave behind.

In the past they had their spring camp literally at a camp, and the facilities weren't div 1 and the mosquitos were as big as bats. This new place is ideal for and worthy of a Div 1 corps. Winter camps and the base will remain the same.

I saw them in Enid on Mon.

I don't think they will beat the Colts, even though I like The Stars show a lot better.

It takes time and maturity to gain the lower body coordination they need to out march the Colts.

The scores were close but The Colts were also having drill issues which will be very easy to fix.

I hope I'm wrong, I love The Blue Stars show, they are definitely on my cool list now.

I'm not counting out the Crossmen or Scouts yet either, I saw them on Sun, both have good programs.

Wierd, the fight for top 12 is a lot more exciting to me this season than for 1st.

My feeling is the Blue Stars could go to 10th. I think they can take Colts. Colts are very good this year and I really am excited for them to make the push past 13th, but I think their show is a little underwritten for those kids. I think they are going to peak about a week before Finals. Blue Stars are much dirtier than Colts. It's great to see an old corp jumping back into the game. I see it as

10th- Blue Stars

11th-Colts (very close here)

12th- Glassmen

13th- Academy

My feeling is the Blue Stars could go to 10th. I think they can take Colts. Colts are very good this year and I really am excited for them to make the push past 13th, but I think their show is a little underwritten for those kids. I think they are going to peak about a week before Finals. Blue Stars are much dirtier than Colts. It's great to see an old corp jumping back into the game. I see it as

10th- Blue Stars

11th-Colts (very close here)

12th- Glassmen

13th- Academy

This is a good explanation in theory, except for one thing. You are ranking Blue Stars ahead of Glassmen, whom they have never beaten.

Wow. I never thought I would see the Blue Stars in the top 12 ever again. I saw them the last time they made finals, in 1979 in Birmingham, and it was so sad to see them go inactive. But they somehow held together and after long years in DIII, here they are, at the doorstep of making Finals again.

In 1999 when Boston came on the field at quarterfinals, and played their warmup, then in that pause between when warmup ended and Brandt Crocker announced them, the crowd rose and gave them a roudy standing ovation. I LOVE finals crowds, because they're so knowledgeable of drum corps history. Anyway, the kids stood there, looking at the crowd cheering before they even started their show - probably wondering what was going on. But it was a tribute to Boston making dci finals for the first time.

So, for those of you who will be lucky enough to be in Pasadena - please, when the Blue Stars enter the Rose Bowl for Quarterfinals, stand up and give them the cheer we've been waiting 28 long years to give.

God I love drum corps!

Wow. I never thought I would see the Blue Stars in the top 12 ever again.

Woo Hoo!! Go Blue Stars!!! :) They are on Fire!!

Wow! Blue Stars sound smoking on that field pass clip on dci's web site!!!

They've beaten Academy two nights in a row -- looks like they have the vehicle to get them to Saturday night --

like they say ---

The end crowns the work

Holy mother of mellophones!!!! The mellophones in that closing segment are awsome!! And to think they are doing this on the march, or rather run, during that closing segment. :worthy:

Edited by brians