CADETS GUARD SCORES

I have not seen the Cadets live this year, so perhaps you can fill me in. Every time I see a Recap Sheet, The Cadets Guard is scoring a point lower than they normally do. Cadets in the past have been known for their Guards, and they are being placed 5-7th this year. If they just had that extra point they would normally have, they would have almost won every show this season.

Why are the being scored out of the Top Three?? Is it a cleaning problem, a difficulty problem??? If they get that guard score where it normally would be, no one is going to beat them!!!! Someone tell me why they are down a good point from where they usually are!!!

Paul Gager

Houston Texas

Garfield 78-82

Cadets of Bergen County 93-2001/07

Edited by paulcbc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe because other guards are better than them right now? :lookaround:

I do not think the originator of this post was suggesting the Cadets guard was being shafted. He was simply asking what their problems are, since he has not seen them.

I do not think the originator of this post was suggesting the Cadets guard was being shafted. He was simply asking what their problems are, since he has not seen them.

Exactly, I never meant to mean anyone was getting shafted, but as you know in the past, The Guard normally was not coming in 5th-7th. I know there are many good guards out there, I have not seen The Cadets Live thus far, so Im trying to figure out why they are placing Low, its not like them normally to place 5th-7th. What needs to be done to get them into the Top Three Guards???

When you go accross the Recap Sheets, its so surprising to see the placement of the Guard, I dont think Ive seen that sort of placement in years!! If they raise that score up 1.0 to 1.5, their overall score will place them firmly in 1st Place!!!

So, someone who has seen them live, tell me what is wrong!!!

Other corps have caught up. I think Phantom back in the 80's was the last corp that won guard other than BD, Cavalier and Cadets. I've noticed that corps are taken this caption seriously now so what you see is guard that are competative now with those three who were always on top.

Cadets got off to a very slow start this year - a young group, a little slow start on the program

When I saw them in Allentown you could start seeing the framework of a solid program - but it still had a long way to go.

Last weekend in San Antonio they were much much better. They still have weak/loose segments of the program that are not fully developed - others not fully clean.

Now that their content scores are in the 9's they can work on execution while still layer some more stuff into the program.

Yes - if they were scoring their "norm" the corps would be virtually unbeaten.

As it stands - they should have a solid week of championship performance and walk off the field at the end of the season knowning they gave it everything they've got. That's all anyone can ask for.

Obvious they are working hard and progressing!