Portland, OR Show 8/2

So, I don't usually geek out as much as I am over this show on Thursday. It's been a few years since we've seen "top" level Division 1 corps this late in the season. Since we aren't able to make it to Pasadena, this is my wife and my one chance to see these corps. I just wish Crown and Bluecoats could've made their way over (all of the corps that went to Denver, really).

Anyway, I was just wondering, for all of those who will go out to the show...let's try to be the best drum corps crowd ever! Let's all get the Eureka and Vanguard yells during SCV's show! And, as George Hopkins said in his blog today..."Cheer for everyone ... and I say we put the Championship in Ogden!!!! and well, regardless, I can assure you we will be doing all we can to bring the corps West again and again!"

So, let's make sure we leave no doubt that the NW is a great place for corps to keep coming every year!

edit: I just realized that I can't type...forgot the T in porTland in the subject...jeez.

Edited by SNModdison

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fixed for ya

So, I don't usually geek out as much as I am over this show on Thursday. It's been a few years since we've seen "top" level Division 1 corps this late in the season. Since we aren't able to make it to Pasadena, this is my wife and my one chance to see these corps. I just wish Crown and Bluecoats could've made their way over (all of the corps that went to Denver, really).

Anyway, I was just wondering, for all of those who will go out to the show...let's try to be the best drum corps crowd ever! Let's all get the Eureka and Vanguard yells during SCV's show! And, as George Hopkins said in his blog today..."Cheer for everyone ... and I say we put the Championship in Ogden!!!! and well, regardless, I can assure you we will be doing all we can to bring the corps West again and again!"

So, let's make sure we leave no doubt that the NW is a great place for corps to keep coming every year!

edit: I just realized that I can't type...forgot the T in porTland in the subject...jeez.

I will be there cheering all the corps on!!

I am starting my West Coast Tour with the Portland Show. I will be leaving Seattle driving to Portland in the AM and looking for a corps or two to watch practice. Then head South to Modesto, CA for Div.2&3 show Friday, then to Stanford Saturday and onto Pasadena.

I will be there cheering all the corps on!!

I am starting my West Coast Tour with the Portland Show. I will be leaving Seattle driving to Portland in the AM and looking for a corps or two to watch practice. Then head South to Modesto, CA for Div.2&3 show Friday, then to Stanford Saturday and onto Pasadena.

I am TOTALLY jealous! I wish I could go! Oh well...there's always the Semis webcast!

I don't know where anyone except Seattle is staying. I know the Cadets have a laundry day on Wednesday so rehearsal times may be hard to see.

Hey Dan,

The Cadets are housing at Southridge in Beaverton August 1-2nd. They're doing laundry in the evening (7:30pm-midnight) Brain, Emilie and I think a couple others are going to hang out at my place and do laundry there. If you want to come visit give me a call. =)

Other corps housing:

SCV - Century HS, Hillsboro

Crossmen - Glencoe HS, Hillsboro

Cascades - Hockinson, Vancouver (or Brush Prairie)

Glassmen, Mandarins and BK don't have anything posted on their sites.

Nate

Edited by natescv