What would you prefer to perform in?

Performance Weather  

93 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer to perform in? (Example)

• Cold - Summer San Francisco Fog
    • Cool - Peninsula (Stanford)
    • Warm - San Jose/San Diego
    • Dry Hot - Las Vegas/Los Angeles
    • Humid Hot - Northeast/East Coast/Fla.

perfect weather for me would be mid 70s to low 80s. I don't know if that constitutes as warm or cool. But anyways, I would much rather march in TX than in New England most days during the summer. it's so gross up here.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dry hot.

Everytime we went to Texas everyone b*tched. Why? I don't get it. There was no humidity. Sure, it was like 110 degrees, BUT IT WASNT HUMID. I always loved it. Maybe I'm weird.

And cold? Hell no. Especially not in the uniforms made for drum corps. I performed in Pittsburgh Oct-Dec weather ... sometimes in snow, and almost froze my lips off. It's not fun. I'd take 120 degrees over it any day, at least you can easily cool off after the show.

That must have been a fluke- it's usually pretty humid here in north central Texas. (63% today, near Denton)

cold - sux. period... I marched tenors and snare in the cold "growing up". Never knew when I'd hit my knuckles on the rims until I got home and they started hurting and swelling.

cool - It's ok, but I always got shivers when a breeze would blow.

warm - Sublime. Dry or Humid, everyone is generally comfortable

dry hot - some people refuse to use deodrant, henceforth, the smell of rotting onions... :sshh:

humid hot - having grown up in the mid-south, we don't have seasons, per se, but we do have hot and humid, and cold and humid. Of all the years I sweated in a uniform, weather it was hot or cold, to say that the weather was great while wearing that uniform would have meant commiting one to a mental instution...

That must have been a fluke- it's usually pretty humid here in north central Texas. (63% today, near Denton)

as it is also in the mid-south (generally from experience, from starkville, ms throuth Memphis.).

Having state finals in early to mid November in Michigan it can anywhere from 70 and sunny to near blizzard condition. I also marched a summer in Orlando (there is no more miserable place on earth than central Florida to be rehearsing in for three weeks). I honestly prefer temps in the cool range for performing, say anywhere from 55-70 F is just perfect for me.

Gotta go with cool!! I loved the first part of tour when we were in Cali and during ensemble block it would be around 55-60 with a nice breeze...Sometimes it got a little chilly, but when your rehearsing hard it feels great..

Oh and by they way....The forecast for Boise right now is "Smoke"..What the heck?? So SCV is rehearsing in smoke I guess..

Edited by ScvSpirit

Better yet, the new Cowboys stadium in Arlington, TX. That place is going to be amazing.

cowmain2.jpg

http://www.stadiumsofnfl.com/future/cowboys754.jpg

cowboys-stadium.jpg

Oh yea! It would be really, really cool to march there! After the finale, they could fly the winning corps to Mars! Place looks like a giant flying saucer. Go Cowboys!

HHmmmm ... Maybe I just didn't feel it? I was the only person who didnt really mind (except of course for the native Texans)