Is Phantom Regiment Out of It?

They have the very best music this year, the best horns, the best percussion, and yet they keep getting "dissed" by the judges. To have the kind of program they have this year and to score as they've been scoring is obscene.

I'd certainly agree with any thread that is based on the premiss that PR has a cool design, great music (with melody even), and an awesome hornline and drumline. Regardless of where they place or what they score, I suspect I'll watch their 2007 show over and over through the years. It has so many things that make a drum corps show memorable and interesting to me. I can't wait to see the new ending at the Quarters broadcast.

(There are others in the Div 1 pack that I was bored with the first time I saw them. And probably wouldn't watch on DVD more than once.)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regiment will be just fine. I'm looking forward to seeing them in Cali next week; I think the corps and the show are beautiful.

Out of it? You mean not winning? Who cares?

B)

Probably won't win, but I still absolutely love this show. I just have determined that I don't understand GE at all any more. Between Cavaliers winning Music GE last year and Regiment beating Cavaliers for Visual GE at a show last year, it just doesn't make any sense. This show is extremely entertaining and evokes their theme quite a bit yet they don't get much credit in GE for it while other shows that I don't find as stimulating and entertaining get higher scores in GE. I know I'm partially biased because I marched at Regiment and I prefer their style of drum corps, but GE the past few years has left me totally confused.

Scores don't mean that much to me as long as they get in the top 6 and we get all the special features on the DVD. If that doesn't happen, my wife will be in a really bad mood next Saturday. :)

I love this show and there's nothing I can do to make them score higher so I'm not going to worry too much about it. Maybe someday I'll finally understand GE.

They have the very best music this year, the best horns, the best percussion, and yet they keep getting "dissed" by the judges. To have the kind of program they have this year and to score as they've been scoring is obscene.

Maybe I'm just too much of a DCI novice.

But he's what I think of the judges...... <**>

Exactly what do you mean by out of it?

Championship - Yes

Shaking things up next Saturday, defintely no

They have scored they way they have because their GE is ust not as good as those above them. They execute what they have well, it is just the design that is not hanging with the others above them. The ballad is way too long. Nice, but long.

I just realized that I shouldn't say that regiment probably won't win it after the year I marched. I should definitely know that anything can happen finals week. I'm just ready for Regiment to have a show again with one of their competitive peers so we have some idea how they match up.

Maybe I'm just too much of a DCI novice.

But he's what I think of the judges...... <**>

no, they don't. the music is kind of cool, and the horns are loud. but to say that they have the very best is kind of... well... wrong.

as far as percussion... they do have an excellent section, andthe scores have reflected that.

They are out of centention of the title, yes. Visually they're lacking, and musically they're good, but not as good as some corps currently in the top 5.

~>conner

Phantom is VERY good, but I watched their rehearsal in Broken Arrow, OK and the show that night (7/30). They're just not as consistent as, say, the Cadets from an ensemble standpoint. Their show had some noticeable tears and (dare I say it?) some major dirt in the drumline that even my girlfriend noticed.