Any Playboy Playmates

ever march in drum corps? I thought this would be an interesting question.

Wasn' t there a beauty pageant contestant who was in a drum corps?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not a playmate, but we had a girl who marched with us in the mid 70's Vaqueros (sorry, not gonna mention names here) who went on to be in a feature of "The Girls of Ma Bell" in 1982 ... girls who worked for telephone companies around the country. Nothing specific mentioned about drum corps in the comment about her with her single picture in that issue, but those of us that marched with her all sure new!

Funny how word gets around about something like that in "the guy world" ... :lol:

There has to be at least ONE!!!

Of all those babes in DC since the 70's...com'on

Sharry Konopski -- Miss August 1987 -- colorguard for the Mauraders from Longview, WA (85 or 86...don't recall exactly).

She never actually marched the season, tho...her stepfather pulled her just before tour (lack of funds for tour fee).

Jon Waggoner remembers her!!!

What? Nobody would pay her fees for her? I was only 13 and I would've tried to raise the funds myself if I had known... She was going to march just a year or two before those photos? UNREAL. Somebody should've passed a hat around.

Edited by Tekneek

Sharry Konopski -- Miss August 1987 -- colorguard for the Mauraders from Longview, WA (85 or 86...don't recall exactly).

She never actually marched the season, tho...her stepfather pulled her just before tour (lack of funds for tour fee).

Jon Waggoner remembers her!!!

I saw this thread and immediately knew Sam would know the answer. You always seem to bring this up now and again and by her full name as well! Been peeking at these magazines far too long - you naughty boy! :)

I saw this thread and immediately knew Sam would know the answer. You always seem to bring this up now and again and by her full name as well! Been peeking at these magazines far too long - you naughty boy! :)

Heh....I'd hardly forget the only Playmate I've ever met in real life (gave her a fencing lesson in her wheelchair)...I don;t go to the Glamourcons because I prefer to do my drooling in private!

I wrote an article about Sharry in my column for Drum Corps World way back.

Anybody who was at DCI in Madison in August of '87 will remember it was all the talk, since she was Miss August that year. Unfortunately she was severely injured in a car wreck in '95, and is partially paralyzed today.

I wrote an article about Sharry in my column for Drum Corps World way back.

Anybody who was at DCI in Madison in August of '87 will remember it was all the talk, since she was Miss August that year. Unfortunately she was severely injured in a car wreck in '95, and is partially paralyzed today.

Yep...T9 and T11 burst fractures of her spine. Lay in her car for hours after her late night accident...lucky to have survived at all.

Her son shares my birthday, too!

Tough lady....kinda has to be in her position.

Any chance you have a copy of that article??