Average Corps Age

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know about to day but way back in the 40's, 50's 60's to mrch in the american legion and vfw you had to be at least 18 years old. you also had to have a certain percent of vets. if you look at the senior drum corps wesite you can see corps being dq'd for under age and vet precentage. not that any of this from the past matters.......just thought it was interesting

"Those were the days my friend, we'd thought they never end, we sing and dance for ever and a day..."

actually Keith, you had to be 21...

That would be Don that said 18. I wasn't born in the 40's and 50's. I was just singing the old Mary Hopkins song..hmmmm I wonder if she is related to George??? Pobably not.

That would be Don that said 18. I wasn't born in the 40's and 50's. I was just singing the old Mary Hopkins song..hmmmm I wonder if she is related to George??? Pobably not.

??? wow thanks for that tid bit. remember to use the PM feature for senseless personalized drivel. this is why i call you out.

so far you've added no direct commentary to this discussion.

yes i'm harsh, that's my m.o.

at least trevor (and others) added to the discussion even though they disliked my presentation.

now, back to your regular requests for members to post sexy pictures of their female corpsmates - that should help make our activity look respectable and professional.

lisalisa and kelly at least caught on to the flawed logic of age issues!

the renegades are a great group - and i do not associate anything trevor says with his corps of choice.

and yes, both sides of my bed are the "wrong side" when i wake up.

my bad your right. i should have remembered. i fell into that in 67 & 69. i had to try to look older b**bs

now, back to your regular requests for members to post sexy pictures of their female corpsmates - that should help make our activity look respectable and professional.

That'd be why they call it the "OT Forum" or Off Topic...

I'd speak for Brass' average age but it varies so much its hard to say, The average age of the contra's is probably 22, the average age of the Mellos 25, Drumline 19-20, trumpets probably 26 or 27, frontline 25ish, colorguard 22ish all in all i'd have to go with 23-25 over the entire corps, taking in to account that we have members in their mid 50's and members from the young age of 15. I do believe that age has something to do with the success of a corps however I dont think the success is built in to the physical limitations of the older members. In fact I know plenty of our older members who have better stamina than our younger players. I believe that age has an effect in musicallity and style. Their is a balance between older vets and younger newbies. I have learned so much from our vets about playing, tone quality and openess of sound not to mention about marching style.

Now im getting in-coherent and starting to ramble.

Brass' average age is between 23 and 25. :worthy:

So i think it has been pretty well stated that there are both sides to each.

I think it would be very interesting, to do a mythbusters type study, and compare the average age to placement over the past few years, to see the results. Not only in overall score, but captions as well.

Is it doable...prob not. I know i dont have the time :) But it would be really interesting.