Booing and the Cadets

Stop responding. Walk away. The ### for tat thing never works. Just a suggestion. No need to close the thread.

Hey man you can't say ###. You should know that... :P

Perfectly stated, sir. Perfectly.

I couldn't agree more, and only hope I'm lucky enough to be sitting near you rather than some of these other dolts in the future.

Cheers,

Karen

Deal !!! What do you say - next August-ish? Indy? Thur/Fri/Sat?

Hoppy strikes again.

You know, I have often disagreed with your posts this summer and how you state them, but kudos to you for understand the respect the kids deserve when they are out on the field. Thanks.

I know. I have two things working against me:

1. I'm a guy.

2. I work as an engineer.

Based on this, it's a small miracle that I can put a sentence together that contains a noun, a verb, and a point. Sorry that the way I say things irritates you. Bill

Deal !!! What do you say - next August-ish? Indy? Thur/Fri/Sat?

Let's order tix next week! :P We can officially start the "We love drum corps, we support the kids, we're not booing no matter what section."

The beauty of having a "hockey dad" and a former drum major from NJ in that section is we'll have a wonderful time...but will gladly kick the living crap out of any jerk who comes in our area and decides to ruin the event for others with their boorish behavior. This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship...and quickly become the most popular section in the stadium in which to sit!

Cheers!

Karen

No. stef.... the ticket seller does not have " the right to refuse service to anyone for ANY reason ". There are all manner of anti discrimination statutes, both local, state and federal that will protect an individual's right not to be denied service after entering a stadium. Just because you THINK it is so stef, does not mean that it is so.

The Constitution was developed to separate powers among the 3 branches of government, the States, and the Bill of Rights Amendments were included as the rights that were to be retained by the people. The Constitution was not constructed to " guide government ". It is essentially the Law of the Land. It pertains to both public and private settings. If I buy a ticket to your Drum Corps show and you refuse me service based upon the color of my skin, my gender, my sexual orientation, my religious beliefs, etc, then you have broken the laws protecting the individual in The Constitution.

If someone is"disruptng an event" that solitary individual or few individuals can be removed. No fan or fans can be removed from a Drum Corps Competition for simply booing a performance however. Even in a so called privately financed show. But heckling or the use of profanities can certainly constitute proper eviction by a show sponsor. But the notion that a person gives up his or her basic Constitutuiuonal rights upon entering a stadium to watch a drum Corps show is simply not accurate, Stef.

The Bridgemen were essentially evicted from a show by DCI sponsors. DCI refused to allow them to compete and ordered them out of the show. The Bridgemen went to court and got a judge to issue an injunction on DCI that demanded as a Court order to cease and desist their eviction notice and ordered DCI that the Bridgemen be permitted back into the stadium and back into competition. The court wanted time to have DCI justify before the Court if their actions for removal was Constitutional or not. During this time period, DCI decided not to challenge the Court order, and the Bridgemen went back to the stadium and they performed in competition. So as you can see, no " private sponsor "of a show has such wide lattitude as you believe to evict someone nor even a Corps, under The Constitution. One does not give up their fundamental and Constitutionally protected rights with the purchase of a drum corps ticket and the entrance into a stadium. These rights were already " paid for " ...thru blood. And the best thing about these Rights is that it protects unpoular beliefs and unpopular opinions and yes...... even rude behavior within reason.

Edited by X DM

Seeing as how there are already 2 differente Cadets thread, neither of them about the actual show, and someone has posted a reivew her, I'll add my .02 ...if it should be somewhere els,e Mods, feel free to move it accordingly.

I think their first half or so of their show is rather lacking in interest, especially when compared to teh second half, which is just stunning. They USED to start the show with 4 different colored flags, then go to the full ensemble yellow flag at teh first really big musical hit.....looked like last night they had gotten rid of all the different colors and jsut went from 1 yellow flag to another....not really a visual inpact at all....

As for the end, the show really picked up in intensity for me after the last bit of narration with the guy who says he was a loner, etc.....the music picks up as does hte drill intensity about then (when the whole guard is on the pink silks)...........and the drill in the lst minute or so.....those guys are FLYING!

The only reason I won't put Cadets first is becuas ein my opinion, you have to rate teh entire show as a package, and as flippin AWESOME as their ending is, their first half of the show is equally and conversely boring in my opinion.

AND......can someone explain how those 3 tunes, which are great, are connected.....MUSICALLY?????