Booing and the Cadets

I applaud them all and then the judges decide who wins and who loses.

If I dont like a particular corps I either suffer through it (politely) or leave before they start. I call that common decency and yes I expect a lot from my fellow fans. Maybe I shouldn't. :(

Experience has lowered my expectations in general...

If people didn't think the cadets organization's behavior didn't suck, then the corps wouldn't get booed or heckled.

This has been going on for years.

Nobody else in DCI gets booed or heckled -- has nobody noticed that ???

Anyone trying to argue that this is some kind of a general lack of audience etiquette or decorum is deluded -- it's all about the cadets' deplorable behavior.

If people didn't think the cadets organization's behavior didn't suck, then the corps wouldn't get booed or heckled.

Anyone trying to argue that this is some kind of a general lack of audience etiquette or decorum is deluded -- it's all about the cadets' deplorable behavior.

Yeah, all that marching fast, and playing all those notes. . . .how could they?! The horror.

youre silly :unsure:

Oh. So no other corps in the history of the activity has ever been boo'd.

Got it.

<**>

I respect that point of view, but sooner or later if every corps gets applause, standing ovations, etc., then there's no differentiation between shows. As it happens, I do stand for every corps and I applaud most of them. But I also respect those who feel differently.

There is a difference between not applauding for a corps and booing. I never mentioned standing ovations at all. I have gone to more shows then I can count and while I may not love everyone's shows I would never boo a show. I think the intensity of the applauding seperates shows.

who else has been booed and heckled this year ?

in case you can read, check the the thread topic.

You seem to be under the impression Cadets are the only corps to ever have to deal with being boo'd.

This year, that may be the case.

Tell me though. Was Star's deplorable behavior the reason they got boo'd incessantly in '93?

I'm talking about *this year*, as per the post topic, for some unfathomable reason...

Good for you. Everyone on this forum is aware that the Cadets are the only one's getting boo'd this year. Thank you for shedding light on this matter and clearing things up.

My question was relevant to your statement on why you believe the Cadets are being boo'd. You stated it is their deplorable behavior that is causing it, and I was just curious as to whether you felt the same for other corps who have been boo'd in the past (or if you're just on this thread to constantly state over and over that the Cadets are the only one's receiving this treatment this year).