The Cadets at Quarterfinals

If he thought what he did was right, he should take the timing penalty under the rules and move on with his mind clear. Now we have a situation where the credibility of the rules and scores are in serious doubt. Apparently, George feels that they will be damaged by the penalty and forced his way out of it. I hope he has never told his members that scores and placements don't matter, because they clearly do seem to matter.

Excellent comment. And people say BD is ultra competitive. The only way I see how this reversal was made is with the blessing of the Cavaliers and Regiment which I feel probably happened. If not then these two corps now have a major gripe and the integrity of the scoring process is now in jeopardy.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet nothing like this happens in senior corps.

Actually, I KNOW it doesn't, because last year they all had to march in GALE FORCE conditions on prelims night- and they all came out just fine.

BY this time in the season the members no longer aim for "dots" they know where they should be and it should not mattere whether they have freakin hashmarks or not. This is a black day for DCI and Hop just gained even more disdain from the loyal fans of DCI

I guarantee you that the field never looks like crap like this for the Rose Bowl game.

My guess it was there to cover the "UCLA" logo.

That would have been a great thing to do. I actually wish he had done that instead so there wouldn't be MORE controversy added to the boiling pot.

Hopkins does a good job looking out for his corps, but any reputation he may have he has brought on himself.

tonight was a prime example.

I would have expected Regiment to get a penalty if they had pulled the same thing.

As far as what I'm getting from others.

The other corps simply "sucked up".

How come the Cadets couldn't do the same?

B/c their not sheep, they don't do what everyone does? (well, that's obvious :) )

Edited by harrold99

Is this the first time a penalty has been removed? Dan really is a big wimp.

No.

1989 Quarterfinals.

Santa Clara Vanguard was assessed a .2 penalty for non pit equipment in the pit area, resulting in Phantom Regiment winning Quarterfinals by .1 . The powers-that-be in DCI met afterwards and determined not only to change the rule, but to drop the .2 penalty Vanguard was assessed. The result was Vanguard on top of Phantom by .1 .

So in other words, DCI has dealt with this before and survived. It's not a black day (at best a chartreuse or perhaps plaid day). I think we should all take a deep breath and wait to hear the official line. Speculating will only lead to more speculating and there's enough of a surplus of that.

As far as what I'm getting from others.

The other corps simply "sucked up".

How come the Cadets couldn't do the same?

It's not THEIR fault.

If the previous corps were happy with the field condition at 80%, fine. The Cadets' weren't.

Cheers, :beer:

Sean

w/Stp: