Thank You Carolina Crown!

First, congratulations to the members of Crown!!!! :worthy::worthy:

Second, if you're a current member and didn't age out you better GET YOUR ARSE BACK TO CROWN NEXT YEAR!!!!

You will never find another corps that's getting more love from fans right now. Let me say, that's not something to be taken lightly. You're chances of winning a ring may be better with the "usual suspects," but you guys are building something great. There's not that many opportunities in DC where the timing, staff, and membership come together to build something legendary. I believe you guys are at that point now but you vets gotta stick around to continue the progress.

You guys are my adopted home team...I'm sure you're tired of having Star-types claim you like this but it's true...thank you for indulging some soon to be old farts :P .

Congratulations and best of luck next year and beyond....oh and "breath dah" :blink::doh::worthy:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to TWM and rosski47 for starting their posts on this.

As an alum, I have been loving the past three years for this corps, and this year in particular. They have come such a long way since the milkman uniform I wore 15 years ago. I was the weak link in the hornline back then, and suffice to say, my talent would not have have made the cut for the past decade.

But I took my 6 year old daughter to the show in Benson this year. As we watched Carolina Crown perform their encorps, I was beaming with pride. Not only are they good, not only are they entertaining, but holy cow, you can tell they are having a blast.

And that is what I love about drum corps. You work your tail off, and the payoff is the performance. The real payoff is making a connection with the audience through that performace. And if you're having fun doing it, then it's heaven.

That is what I love about drum corps, and my corps has come to epitomize it, at least for me.

Thanks to the members, thanks to the staff and volunteers, and thanks to Kevin Smith for 18 great years. You all have so much to be proud of. And I am proud that I had a tiny role, becuase even though I was the weak link 15 year ago, we still took Div II high brass that year. :blink:

Edited by runyancm

You know, as these kids played the final few notes last night last night, I was very sad at the thought that this show would never be performed again. I'm getting a few tears just thinking about it. Special shows only come along everyonce in a while. This was one of those shows.

I had the choice last week to either go to San Diego or Clovis to see drum corps in August, and I am so glad I went to San Diego. I got the chance to fall in love with a corps that hadn't really been one of my favorites. The music, storytelling, exceptional guard, the show design, everything was there.

But most importantly, I had the chance to talk with a few of the kids after the show, and you could tell how proud each of them was to be a part of that show. What the kids need to know is that is was us, the audience, that was proud of them. They will forever be a art of drum corps lore. Not becuase they won a title, but becuase they won the hearts of every single person they performed for. Truly a special group of kids!

If you didn't see this show live, you really missed something special.

Now to the members, please come back next year!!! Make magic for us again!

Edited by Newseditor44

First, congratulations to the members of Crown!!!! :worthy::worthy:

Second, if you're a current member and didn't age out you better GET YOUR ARSE BACK TO CROWN NEXT YEAR!!!!

You will never find another corps that's getting more love from fans right now. Let me say, that's not something to be taken lightly. You're chances of winning a ring may be better with the "usual suspects," but you guys are building something great. There's not that many opportunities in DC where the timing, staff, and membership come together to build something legendary. I believe you guys are at that point now but you vets gotta stick around to continue the progress.

Agreed. That's a huge key to future success. Retention.

I am very proud of you Crown. You stuck to your game plan, worked hard, and never gave up.

You were the darlings of the fans in 2007. Thank you for providing all of us with a show that will be talked about for ages.

I am proud to be a Crown alumn :)

Have a safe trip back home, and let's do this again next summer.

Dito...loved Crown this year...actually, on the whole they have been my favorite corps this century overall.

I don't care what the judges said...Crown DID win.

They did. Ask anyone who was there. That horse had legs and went the distance. That show was INSANELY GREAT. They could bottle it and sell it as drugs for people who get depressed, because you can't be anything but stupid happy after seeing it. There was this little kid in the aisle jumping up and down at the end in my section at finals...like at a horse race, for crying out loud. His mom stopped him, and I'm thinking...why are you stopping him, when he got it?! That's it! They wrote the show to do that! I was practically doing it, too! How could you not be moved by that show? :worthy:

Crown = DCI's musical ambassadors of love.

No foolin'. I've been seeing Crown members on the way home and shaking their hands...they must think I'm nuts. I'm not. They just shred!

:worthy:

Edited by festive

Winner! Best Post of the Day!

I don't care what the judges said...Crown DID win.

They did. Ask anyone who was there. That horse had legs and went the distance. That show was INSANELY GREAT. They could bottle it and sell it as drugs for people who get depressed, because you can't be anything but stupid happy after seeing it. There was this little kid in the aisle jumping up and down at the end in my section at finals...like at a horse race, for crying out loud. His mom stopped him, and I'm thinking...why are you stopping him, when he got it?! That's it! They wrote the show to do that! I was practically doing it, too! How could you not be moved by that show? :doh:

Crown = DCI's musical ambassadors of love.

No foolin'. I've been seeing Crown members on the way home and shaking their hands...they must think I'm nuts. I'm not. They just shred!

:lookaround:

First, congratulations to the members of Crown!!!! :lookaround::doh:

You guys are my adopted home team...I'm sure you're tired of having Star-types claim you like this but it's true...thank you for indulging some soon to be old farts :P .

Congratulations and best of luck next year and beyond....oh and "breath dah" :doh::worthy::doh:

Gee, did I pick a great summer not to march. And I think I speak for everyone in the corps: we will never get tired of Star alumni :)

Here's to not capping the breath next season!

Gee, did I pick a great summer not to march. And I think I speak for everyone in the corps: we will never get tired of Star alumni :)

Here's to not capping the breath next season!

Thanks for the welcome...am I going to have to get donnie after you to make sure you're there next year? How 'bout we have Barry Hudson give you a personal visit at your house :sshh: :sshh: :sshh: ? This goes for any other fourouttheforties out there!!! :P

Anyway, I think anyone who's thinking about taking a year off from drum corps should think really hard about that. Even if you feel you're burned out, you'll regret not doing it 10 years down the road. You've got the rest of your lives to go to school, work, and be an adult but you only have a limited time to march in a DCI corps.