Coolest Drill Move of 2007

How about the two triangles in Cavies' show that mesh together and end with the guard right in the middle spinning rifles. Not spectacularly difficult, but the way the rifle work was done was really effective IMO.

But yeah, Phantom flocking, SCV's entire show pretty much, a lot of Cadets' stuff was ridiculous as usual...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need more air when you run - so you breathe more.

Yes.

To play louder you use more air.

Yes.

Thus - Playing loudly while running = easy.

Wrong. Your body needs the oxygen to flush out the lactic acid from your muscles. If your body is using the air, where do you get it to play your horn? Jazz running and playing loud, long tones like Phantom was is extremely difficult. Perhaps you should try it sometime and see how demanding it really was. :)

Edited by MagicBobert

Wrong. Your body needs the oxygen to flush out the lactic acid from your muscles. If your body is using the air, where do you get it to play your horn? Jazz running and playing loud, long tones like Phantom was is extremely difficult. Perhaps you should try it sometime and see how demanding it really was. :)

Well, not exactly, but close enough. 02 is needed for the final step (as an e- acceptor) in the aerobic formation of ATP (1/2O2 + 2H+ + 2e- --> H2O). During anaerobic exercise (say the initial burst of a wind sprint), muscle tissues don't have an adequate O2 supply, so they'll produce ATP anaerobically till the body's increased air intake catches up and the switch to aerobic (citric acid/Kreb/tricarboxyllic cycle) is made.

I agree with you (and others) that moves like this are hardly easy. As anyone who has actually done so can attest. Your body is screaming to take more frequent breaths, all the while you're trying to take fewer, deeper breaths and force long periods of controlled exhalation. It takes a lot of hard work and practice to do and I seriously doubt that you'll find any running back heading for the end zone breathing this way.

Edited by year1buick

This one for me is easy. There were three moves I saw that just completely pumped me up.

Two were hommage moves:

1) Phantom Regiment: two words: LEG WEDGE!

2) Santa Clara Vanguard: Bottle Dance move

3) Blue Devils: When the Corps moved together on the drum break.

Awesome stuff.

SCV - pretty much the whole show, but in particular, the helix/pinwheel move towards the end

Troopers - the classic sunburst (so classic, yet so cool!)

Any well-executed company front!

In response to being amazed by Phantom running and "FFF"

You need more air when you run - so you breathe more.

To play louder you use more air.

Thus - Playing loudly while running = easy. At least easier than playing softly. It just doesn't impress me to be honest.

On so many levels: whaaaaaaaaaaat?

This was also my favorite move of the night, and that thing the Cadets do at the very end at the front of the field. I wish I had taken a video of that move too.

Yeah you're totally right, jazz run at high tempos and playing challenging music, that's not hard at all.

I thought PR's show was pretty demanding..With that said, he does have a point (but I wouldn't say it was easy by any means)..It would of been much harder playing very soft while doing that move..Although it wouldn't have made much sense to do so..But for some reason people think playing really loud is harder than really soft...And that isn't the case at all..

Well, not exactly, but close enough. 02 is needed for the final step (as an e- acceptor) in the aerobic formation of ATP (1/2O2 + 2H+ + 2e- --> H2O). During anaerobic exercise (say the initial burst of a wind sprint), muscle tissues don't have an adequate O2 supply, so they'll produce ATP anaerobically till the body's increased air intake catches up and the switch to aerobic (citric acid/Kreb/tricarboxyllic cycle) is made.

That's a more specific explanation, thanks. I can only speak in generalities when it comes to biology, otherwise my internal engineer starts having spasms from an overload of live sciences. :P