Dutch Boy Staff

I worked at the Div II/III shows as a volunteer in Pasadena last week. Whenever I saw Dutch Boy, I saw their director and staff walking up to folks like myself in the DCI Staff shirts and thanking them for what they are doing for drum corps.

I nearly doubled over when this happened! The last thing I expect working at a drum corps show is to be thanked. I was working at the show as a way of thanking the activity and DCI for checking out the Pacific for a few days. Here he is, preparing his corps for their final performance, and he stops to thank the people who are working crowd control and handing out water to the corps in the parking lot. That takes a sense of presence I rarely encounter.

Dutch Boy's claim to the Disney Award was further enriched by my experience with their staff. I didn't meet any marching members, but they seemed like good people and put on an entertaining show. And I have to imagine after spending several months traveling North America with that staff, they have to be some mature and respectful young men and women.

Dutch Boy I made a day's drive, got a free t-shirt, and saw your performance for free. If anything I (we) should be thanking you for all your hard work, dedication, and traveling such a great distance.

Thanks!

Steven Meikle is a good guy, and he learned how to be a director from the best. It doesn't surprise me in the least that he and the staff of Dutch would have done this sort of thing. Steve is a good example to his corps members, and this extra little thing makes me proud of him just a little more.

Mr. Meikle was very professional....and quite amazed I knew how to pronounce his name. It's not like he was from an alien planet, for gosh sakes, eh?

Just Canada.

Which, I realize...IS an alien planet to some. :-) Good job Dutch Boy!!! GO NORTHSTAR ONE!!!

At semis there were a couple of DB's staffers who came and sat in front of me to watch the performance.

I found their behavior very restrained...much more so than I would think, considering it was THEIR guys out there! They didn't speak up any more than the average fan and in no way cut into my enjoyment of their program (and we've all heard horror stories of staffers who just ruin it for the spectators).

I also shook their hands in thanks for the program, and they seemed very appreciative of MY appreciation.

The kids and staff are due home tomorrow. I'm sure they will be thrilled to read your kind comments. I am proud to be an alumni.

Thank you for all the kind words about DB and the staff. Steve is a great guy who knows how to run a corps. the professionalism he shows and teaches to the kids are a great example of how to live life in general, not just Drum Corps.

It's been one heck of a roller-coaster ride for us this year, and all your kind comments help to make the end result even sweeter.

Thanks to all the DB fans and supporters out there.

Thank you Dutch Boy! You have made Canadian fans very proud this year! Wow!

That video is in responce to another video that the person posted at the beginning of the season. In that video, he totaly bashed the drum corps...the drumline in particular. I personaly never saw the video, but heard all about it. Roo, did you get to see it?