Bluecoats 07 Percussion Tape for DVD

so...

coats got 2nd in drums on finals night. the finals dvd has the percussion judge audio track for the top 6.

i was a HUGE fan of their line this year, and would love to hear that on the dvd. with coats just missing 6th, i think this would be a cool added feature for DVD #2. if i were to get enough people to send something in regarding this concern, what would come of this?

"nope, sorry. try again next year"

or

"hmm...yet another reason for fans to buy the dvd!"

thoughts?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UGGGHH!!!

I totally forgot that the percussion tape might not be on the 2nd DVD and that I might not get to hear the tape for Bluecoats!

I would totally be in favor of asking this from DCI!

I wish it could be an option for any coprs

Well having another tape takes up more space on the DVD, and I'm not sure if the DVD would be full. But they probably can add at least a few judge tapes, just not extra angles. Thats what I really want, cause there's so many awesome shows.

I miss having the Visual General Effect and Music General Effect tracks on the DVD (2000-2002 DVD's). I prefer those than the Color Guard and Percussion tapes. You actually get to hear the judges take on the program as whole instead of the individual sections with the Guard and Percussion.

Edited by mbui

so...

coats got 2nd in drums on finals night. the finals dvd has the percussion judge audio track for the top 6.

i was a HUGE fan of their line this year, and would love to hear that on the dvd. with coats just missing 6th, i think this would be a cool added feature for DVD #2. if i were to get enough people to send something in regarding this concern, what would come of this?

"nope, sorry. try again next year"

or

"hmm...yet another reason for fans to buy the dvd!"

thoughts?

Instead of writing to DCI, write to Bluecoats. Perhaps they can offer it as a 'pod cast' type of recording for fans: fans would download an mp3 or whatnot of the percussion judge, and fans could listen to it on their iPod or computer or whatever while watching the DVD. This would be a cool little 'gift' to their fans this year, and not much work on their part.

Some TV shows have been doing this the last couple of years (kind of like "instant DVD commentary"). For example, the creator of the new Battlestar Gallactica records a pod cast commentary for every show that you can watch live, I think, with the broadcast of the show. Fans don't have to wait a year for the DVD special features to be released to get his thoughts on the episodes, insight into writing/making it, etc. VERY cool feature, and from what I understand it's pretty easy to do. I would love to see more corps do this, especially non-Top 6 corps who had outstanding captions that year (like Bluecoats' percussion and brass this year).

Instead of writing to DCI, write to Bluecoats. Perhaps they can offer it as a 'pod cast' type of recording for fans: fans would download an mp3 or whatnot of the percussion judge, and fans could listen to it on their iPod or computer or whatever while watching the DVD.

That is a SWEET idea.

I miss having the Visual General Effect and Music General Effect tracks on the DVD (2000-2002 DVD's). I prefer those than the Color Guard and Percussion tapes. You actually get to hear the judges take on the program as whole instead of the individual sections with the Guard and Percussion.

Agreed! I do believe they still have music GE. But as a brass player, I would not Music GE, Visual GE, Percussion.

• 2 months later...

I just emailed DCI to ask about this.