New Crown Brass Staff

I have a better idea: make clones of each member of their brass staff and have them replace the current brass staff for every single other junior drum corps. That makes more sense than the original proposition.

Edited by Hrothgar15

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a better idea: make clones of each member of their brass staff and have them replace the current brass staff for every single other junior drum corps. That makes more sense than the original proposition.

Ok, lets do that - but only if you be the one to tell wayne downey, gino cipriani, robert w smith, jd shaw, and jay bocook, that they've been replaced by a recent crown ageout who happens to be working as the mello tech.

(and no, i have no idea who the crown mello tech is....)

Crown had the best 7th place brass line that I have ever heard. I hope their staff never leaves.

crowns brass staff is amazing! I don't think they placed anywhere CLOSE to where they should've. people say all the time that its the best hornline since star. I think the judges are just freakin ########. DCI judging is NOT right...

nope.

Edited by Casaba

Ok, lets do that - but only if you be the one to tell wayne downey, gino cipriani, robert w smith, jd shaw, and jay bocook, that they've been replaced by a recent crown ageout who happens to be working as the mello tech.

(and no, i have no idea who the crown mello tech is....)

Funny..the guy of often was the mello tech (CC brass staff members are not assigned to one section specifically..) did age out in 2005..

He is a ringer though..an excellent teacher.

Yet they sounded miles better than everyone you mentioned.

whoa....easy rookie ears. Although I will agree they have my favorite brass timbre in DCI, but 'miles better' than anyone else is a bit off the mark.....well like 6 miles off the mark.

19.2 is not a bad number to get at DCI on finals night. No CC hornile at had ever gotten that high a number before.

To me it was bad numbers management by the Field Brass Guy, Al Lo (who, btw, is not known as a CC-friendly judge)

He did pop a 19.2. No problem there..it was some of the higher scores he gave to other corps that I disagree with.

Oh well..water under the bridge.. :doh:

bad number managment?? or 7 really good hornlines this year?? someone had to get 7th......who should it have been??

Personally after watching the season pass a million times (ok, not really a million but a lot) it seems Crown had one of the easier demanding shows from a physical aspect then the rest of the top 7...so maybe thats why they got slotted 7th, or maybe not but like i said someone had to get 7th. NOT SAYING IT WAS EASY (hold off the flamethrowers), I'm just saying easier than the top 7 pack.....although IMO bluecoats werent far behind in the easy category from Crown (although I grew to love criminal!)

Then are there issues with the brass adjudication that we should be discussing? Rarely did any DCI brass judge agree.

BINGO! I think you hit the jackpot here! The complete lack of consistency, the lack of attention paid to the criteria on the sheet, and the downright insulting ensemble & brass scores for Crown in Pasadena leads me to the conclusion that we have reached a time when perhaps we need to question the credibility of the adjudicators in this caption. How about a thread on that one?

BINGO! I think you hit the jackpot here! The complete lack of consistency, the lack of attention paid to the criteria on the sheet, and the downright insulting ensemble & brass scores for Crown in Pasadena leads me to the conclusion that we have reached a time when perhaps we need to question the credibility of the adjudicators in this caption. How about a thread on that one?

Opinions are so dispersed throughout DCP that it would take significantly more than one thread, each judge should heave their own. Then you have differing opinions basd on where a juge place a fan's corps.

A thread questioning the judges?? :ph34r:

Why, that might just be the most original, inspired, innovative, exciting, incredible, and undeniably box 5 idea I have ever heard b**bs