CADENCES!

ours was pretty cool

Grendadiers (Broome Co. NY)

'Smoke On The Water'

Our perennial bass cadence was "The Axe Man".

I used to love the Bridgemen's cadence... :ph34r:

One year in 2-7 it was "That's Entertainment", in repertory with the Looney Tunes theme, which we also sung along to. When Art Fabrizio came along to play keys, it was whatever he and the other keyboard player fooled around with that day. We would march to Emerson, Lake and Palmer, the "Gilligans Island Theme", Styx, Kansas, and a variety of others.

I.C. Reveries was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". Also sung along (sometimes as a 'round')

One year in 2-7 it was "That's Entertainment", in repertory with the Looney Tunes theme, which we also sung along to. When Art Fabrizio came along to play keys, it was whatever he and the other keyboard player fooled around with that day. We would march to Emerson, Lake and Palmer, the "Gilligans Island Theme", Styx, Kansas, and a variety of others.

I.C. Reveries was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". Also sung along (sometimes as a 'round')

Geez...put your "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with our "Old McDonald" and you've got a nice set of tunes for 2nd graders

...being played by some of the top lines in the country! :P

Geez...put your "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" with our "Old McDonald" and you've got a nice set of tunes for 2nd graders

...being played by some of the top lines in the country! :P

EEE AYE EEE AYE ROW ROW ROW :ph34r:

... the ELP knocked my boots off the first time I heard it, and it was among my favorites -- it also scored big with my boyfriend at the time, who was NOT a corps person ...

jo

... the ELP knocked my boots off the first time I heard it, and it was among my favorites -- it also scored big with my boyfriend at the time, who was NOT a corps person ...

jo

Oh....ELP reminds me of another street beat we in the drum line created, to ELP's "Tank". It was pretty neat...we'd alternate it with "Old McDonald".

<<Jimmy sings along to ELP and Old MacDonald>>

Tarkus was my favorite. Often with the Lancer "dump diddle ump diddle ump - dump dump diddle ump diddle ump" behind it.