CADENCES!

Total hokiness was achieved by The Pioneers in the early 80s by covering Stevie Wonder's "I Wish." :tongue:

Suncoast played a street beat called spider. It had many variations over the years. Here's the version that was played in 1986.

http://www.jw3.com/aud_samples/Spider_86.mp3

I'm so glad someone finally mentioned Spider! I was racking my brain trying to remember the name!!!

Two of my favorites were:

Sunrisers - very minimalist...mostly bass drums with vibraslap, toms and snares doing light fills.

Offensive Lions - 1979 or 80? The corps sang the song and the drumline played. I stole that one and used it for a couple of bands I was teaching.

We did a street beat in '77 that was based upon Tower of Power's "Squib Cakes" that had a measure of five eighth notes from count 2 to count 4.

Of course, from the first parade on, the drum line added in the five double-time half-steps backwards. :ninja:

After crashing into the drumline for the second time at the second parade, the hornline learned to halfstep behind the drum line during that part.

The guard, however never caught on and could never figure out why at the end of the parade they wound up about 1/2 mile in front of the rest of the corps. :ninja: You'd think at some point they would have realized the music seemed to be getting softer.

Edited by uncle z

• 1 month later...
I know this is old...But I actually found that commerical on Youtube. Fun times. I remember that. I marched that season in the hornline, however it was filmed during the summer of 1985. That is the 1985 Bayonne Bridge Drum Line.

Bridgemen Twix Commercial

I always wondered about that commercial. Would those guys be the 84 or 85 line?

How about 'Space 7?'

Electric Wheelchair

Oh and this one too..

Edited by Tansea

One more...