CADENCES!

For a GSC corps I arranged for in the mid 70's, I wrote a street beat to the "Theme from Baretta"...used bells/xylo for the melody. Timps did not carry in the parades at that point, at least ours. They played agogo bells, afuche and vivraslap for the streat beat.

WOW!! I would love to hear that.... I used to stay up late my last when I was younger to watch TVland and prettymuch anything with shows from the 70's/80's

Sky Ryders had a Green Acres Cadence. Cool and funny at the same time. :ph34r:

• 5 months later...
Anyone remember the Twix commercial with Bridgemen cadence? :P

I know this is old...But I actually found that commerical on Youtube. Fun times. I remember that. I marched that season in the hornline, however it was filmed during the summer of 1985. That is the 1985 Bayonne Bridge Drum Line.

Bridgemen Twix Commercial

Freelancers Bass cadence is tops for me.

The Mickey Mouse March was played by marching mallets of the Kingsmen Alumni Corps going off the field.

That was pretty cool!

Bad thing about the pit. No mallets in the cadence going off the field.

Edited by scv guy

Cadets LaSalle circa 1973. :tongue:

Back when I was marching in the Bridgemen in 1979 our cadence was called Carnevalito....(from a band called Caldera). This was when the keyboards still used to march. It always got everyone along the route moving in time with us...

I'm not sure what year it was but Nite Express had one written by Mike McIntosh where the pulse would shift back and forth from each foot. It really messed some heads up until they got used to it.

Edited by AlanAndreasen

Back in '78 we used the theme to "Monty Python's Flying Circus" (Washington Post March) as our cadence.....for one parade. I believe it was in Kenosha WI, for some reason the people were not used to that version the tune, complete with the requisite raspberry at the end. (I guess they thought we were spitting at them. :lol: )

Back in '78 we used the theme to "Monty Python's Flying Circus" (Washington Post March) as our cadence.....for one parade. I believe it was in Kenosha WI, for some reason the people were not used to that version the tune, complete with the requisite raspberry at the end. (I guess they thought we were spitting at them. :lol: )

:laughing:

I always thought Monte Python's theme was The Liberty Bell ! We played it in an all state band years ago, and it was all some of us could do to keep from cracking up knowing what show it was the theme for.