CADENCES!

What were your corps cadences? I used to love VK's and the Freelancers.

My corps (one year) played the Charlie Brown theme. Which sounded kinda weird once the horns had a play a tune and out came "Romeo and Juliet" or some other such serious tune in a parade.

In 1976 we did the Charlie Brown piece. Our mallets marched back then (remember those days?).

I thought the "All-Time" every corps played it was ......"Vinnies"

St. Vincents street beat -ask anyone in the Northeast.

I always thought Monte Python's theme was The Liberty Bell ! We played it in an all state band years ago, and it was all some of us could do to keep from cracking up knowing what show it was the theme for.

Oops! You are correct, sir. I knew it was one of the two. And, of course, I picked the WRONG one. :huh:

The memory tends to play tricks every now and then...

Back when I was marching in the Bridgemen in 1979 our cadence was called Carnevalito....(from a band called Caldera). This was when the keyboards still used to march. It always got everyone along the route moving in time with us...

That was my favorite.Duzz ga duzz duzz duzz ga duzz hey. :huh:

That was my favorite.Duzz ga duzz duzz duzz ga duzz hey. :thumbup:

Hey Jerome,

How about early 80's Bushwackers - "Willie and the Poor Boys" ("Down on the Corner"), by CCR.

regards,

Fred O.

P.S. Back in the day, we never called it a cadence, which we regarded as a bando term. It was a "street beat," or later on, a "walk beat."

Hey Jerome,

How about early 80's Bushwackers - "Willie and the Poor Boys" ("Down on the Corner"), by CCR.

regards,

Fred O.

P.S. Back in the day, we never called it a cadence, which we regarded as a bando term. It was a "street beat," or later on, a "walk beat."

:thumbup:

Could ya hum a few bars Fred? :tongue:

Suncoast played a street beat called spider. It had many variations over the years. Here's the version that was played in 1986.

http://www.jw3.com/aud_samples/Spider_86.mp3

Didnt they also play "Jungle Love"? :thumbup:

Santa Clara did a piece called Trypic, orignally written by Anthony Cirone and done by many drum corps, but we played it off of the field....vey subtle, very tasty. :tongue: