CADENCES!

What were your corps cadences? I used to love VK's and the Freelancers.

My corps (one year) played the Charlie Brown theme. Which sounded kinda weird once the horns had a play a tune and out came "Romeo and Juliet" or some other such serious tune in a parade.

What were your corps cadences? I used to love VK's and the Freelancers.

My corps (one year) played the Charlie Brown theme. Which sounded kinda weird once the horns had a play a tune and out came "Romeo and Juliet" or some other such serious tune in a parade.

Our street beat, as we called them waaaay back, in 1971 was a setting of "Old McDonald" using the timps and tri-toms to create the melody. We in the drumline wrote it, actually.

For a GSC corps I arranged for in the mid 70's, I wrote a street beat to the "Theme from Baretta"...used bells/xylo for the melody. Timps did not carry in the parades at that point, at least ours. They played agogo bells, afuche and vivraslap for the streat beat.

We had a really funky "street beat" in Madison in 1976 that Sanford wrote.

I remember seeing lots of beauties dancing in the street along the parade routes.

We used a variety of street beats over the years, some with a mild Latin flair courtesy of our drum instructor, George Lopez. We also used the Lucy and Linus theme during the years we had vibraphones ...

Cavies - Iowa - THE Classic Cadence to me.

We played "Heliopolis" by Spiro Gyra in Madison in the early '80's. People really enjoyed that, as did other corps. I remember VK playing along with us a few times in retreats, and other corps drumlines kicking some of the accents once in a while. Our bass line played one called "The Cat" but it was so syncopated and off beat, no one could ever march to it.

Another corps with a cool cadence was Offensive Lions in the late '70's/early '80's. They kind of sang along with it, and the drum parts were just JAMMIN'!! :laugh:

Another corps with a cool cadence was Offensive Lions in the late '70's/early '80's. They kind of sang along with it, and the drum parts were just JAMMIN'!! :laugh:

Was that the drum break from "Fool in the Rain"?

We used a variety of street beats over the years, some with a mild Latin flair courtesy of our drum instructor, George Lopez. We also used the Lucy and Linus theme during the years we had vibraphones ...

Haven't heard that name in a long time. He was my drum instructor in the Livingston Imperial Guardsmen in 68 and 69.

One of my favorites.

Yeah Roark, you tymp players got to be spectators at lots of parades - if you weren't playing football with other tymp lines or :doh:

And I have to agree with the Cavies cadence - still great after all these years.

Edited by bass5