Great job Renegades!

As a member of the 2007 Renegades, let me also thank you for your kind words. While we didn't come in 1st in the judges eyes, the crowd's response to our performance made all the hard work worth it. With all the strange rumors flying around about us, it was great to show the DCA crowd that we're alive and kicking. We had a blast putting on our show and entertaining the audience.

Let me also give a special shout out to our brass section. These guys rock! They made performing the show all the more fun. During one of our sectional rehearsal blocks this weekend, the horns and drums were running through the opener. They were a good 100 yards away from us and facing the other direction when we just all stopped spinning, put down our equipment and started to listen to them blast through the opener. We were like "holy sh##, they sound amazing". When they finished, we just starting cheering and clapping. It was great.

There was also a special moment this weekend when they asked the guard to go into their arc and listen to them sing (yes, sing) the balad. It was beautiful and very emotional. Everyone returned to the warmup block wiping tears and just savoring the moment.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My ears are still ringing and my body is still adjusting to the timezones. lol.

Thank you for the standing o's and the complements we received through the stadium this weekend. Everywhere I walked in my uniform someone said something positive about us and our show.

The brass section sang the ballad to us brought tears to my eyes. Until I looked over at my hubby (soprano Chris) ... then I started bawling. lol.

Rochester was awesome. Wouldn't trade it for anything. Thank you to the fans and the love you all gave us this year. There's more to come.

There was also a special moment this weekend when they asked the guard to go into their arc and listen to them sing (yes, sing) the balad. It was beautiful and very emotional. Everyone returned to the warmup block wiping tears and just savoring the moment.

For me that will be the most enduring memory I will have of this past weekend.

We have a super-duper artist alum, Lani, who is an "ar-teest extraordinaire". If you take all the knowledge in the world of cartooning and anime and and got rid of it, that's how much knowledge I have, (heh) but I understand this type of art is called "chibi". Anyway, she did a few of random people in our corps. (She did mine). I told her if she did some of a bunch of different corps she could sell them like hotcakes!!!!

She's really good!

Nice. Great Job at Finals. The Corps Rocked. I was thrilled to be out there... ^0^ :rolleyes: b**bs

What I will remember most about the Renegades is not their performance (which was amazing) but more so, the warmth and friendliness of the people in the corps! Talking to Renegade drummers while we waited for retreat gave me an chance to meet the people and I want to thank the Renegades for cheering for us on retreat when they were announcing the caption awards and our placement. It was a very nice thing to do and since I couldn't acknowledge it then since we follow the rule of no movement while in ranks, I want to tell you how much we appreciated the corps doing that.

I am now officially a Renegade fan and friend and will hopefully come west to march the parade with you this coming year.

Thanks!

Edited by SunRunner

Thanks everybody!

It was the fans that made this year such a special time for me! The outpouring of love from all of you was overwhealming.

These are memories that I will carry forever... (being immortal this will be quite some time)

I would start mentioning specific instances but I don't want anyone to feel left out so I will just thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making my final season on the field something more precious and special than I can describe right now being jet lagged... Maybe I'll try later on!

B)

Thanks everybody!

It was the fans that made this year such a special time for me! The outpouring of love from all of you was overwhealming.

These are memories that I will carry forever... (being immortal this will be quite some time)

I would start mentioning specific instances but I don't want anyone to feel left out so I will just thank you all from the bottom of my heart for making my final season on the field something more precious and special than I can describe right now being jet lagged... Maybe I'll try later on!

B)

Trust me ... everyone in Rochester who was there is telling everyone who wasn't, "You shoulda seen these guys from San Fran..."

One of my favorite moments of my abbreviated weekend was watching the Renegades' "Zombie Company Front." Gets my vote for the most creative company front in drum corps history.

I got to my hotel Saturday evening, too late to go over and watch the rest of Prelims.... so I just chilled out at the hotel and had some dinner instead. When folks started returning from Prelims, the most "buzz".... hands down.... was about the Renegades' show. "You GOTTA see those guys tomorrow night".... stuff like that.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

:wall:

I wasn't disappointed at any point with the Evil Empire's performance, except for the size. I understand it isn't always easy to put 60+ horns or a huge corps out every year, and it doesn't matter.

The entire show was different enough to keep you guessing, and I agree with Fran..the zombie company front was as cool as anything I've seen in quite a while.

The treat of the evening was seeing the Honor Guard come out for finale in Skyliners uniforms...made my season! :rolleyes:

Hurry back Sky, it ain't the same without you! And thanks again to the Renegades..even if you can't keep Rich from getting into trouble. :P

Pat

It was a bit unnerving to adjust to Kelli with black hair, but... ^0^