Sunrisers

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're baaaccckk!! Congrats Sunrisers! I suppose your next goal is making Open class finals, right? WRONG. You are the Sunrisers, and your goal is to win the Open class championship! It should be your goal every year. You are probably the only corp not pigeon holed in your approach, with the staff and direction who understand what is takes to WIN. Beating Reading is going to take your kind of organization. The rest of you folks...imagine this Sunriser corps with 10-20 more horns and a correponding membership surge in all other sections!!

You are probably the only corp not pigeon holed in your approach, with the staff and direction who understand what it takes to WIN. Beating Reading is going to take your kind of organization.

As happy as I am that Sun is the Class A champ, and that they are back on solid footing...... I completely disagree with your above statement.

I'm pretty sure that there several more corps that "understand what it takes to win".....Empire Statesmen and Caballeros come to mind. Last I checked, they have pretty good staffs, and pretty good programs, to say the least. Brigadiers and Bushwackers, too. And I'm also kinda guessing that the Buccaneers are not going to slack off anytime soon.

Remember.... to get to the top, Sun not only has to beat the Buccaneers, but has to climb over EVERY OTHER Open Class Top 10 corps as well. And as much as those corps might respect the Sunrisers, those corps are not by any means going to roll over for them.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

Congrats to all of you in the Sunrisers past and present. It takes more then just the people on the field to put on a show like that, so to all of you who call yourself the Sunrisers, our hats off to all of you.

Enjoy the day because it is yours :worthy:

From all of us in Govies land ^OO^

Thanks to all for your comments!!!!

I wanted to thank ALL of the other corps in this fine group we call DCA.

To have gone from the old days and winning open championships, to the payback of the last years, it gave me the thrill of a lifetime to see the overwelming support and total class displayed by virtually EVERY corps to us. As we went to take the field in competition we were greeted and cheered on by each and every corps on our way out. Man what a feeling that was,... one some of us have not felt for quite some time and it gave me chills to see and hear that! I was overwhelmed with how much class and sportsmanship displayed by you all, truly. I also had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with many folks from the other corps after our performance and before/during retreat. Absolutely outstanding individuals, all.

Seems there is a true olympic atmosphere throughout DCA. We, at Sun will continue working as hard as we can to earn your respect and remain worthy of it. We will never take that special feeling for granted and truly appriciate it.

I said about a month ago there were some fine people in this DCA org. I had no idea there were so many.

To all, we thank you and enjoy this (however brief) off season. Ya made one ol' geezer in Orange & Blue very proud.

:worthy:

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - Present

Congrats to all of you in the Sunrisers past and present. It takes more then just the people on the field to put on a show like that, so to all of you who call yourself the Sunrisers, our hats off to all of you.

Enjoy the day because it is yours :worthy:

From all of us in Govies land ^OO^

Sincere Thanks!

John Clougher

Sunrisers 80 - Present

As happy as I am that Sun is the Class A champ, and that they are back on solid footing...... I completely disagree with your above statement.

I'm pretty sure that there several more corps that "understand what it takes to win".....Empire Statesmen and Caballeros come to mind. Last I checked, they have pretty good staffs, and pretty good programs, to say the least. Brigadiers and Bushwackers, too. And I'm also kinda guessing that the Buccaneers are not going to slack off anytime soon.

Remember.... to get to the top, Sun not only has to beat the Buccaneers, but has to climb over EVERY OTHER Open Class Top 10 corps as well. And as much as those corps might respect the Sunrisers, those corps are not by any means going to roll over for them.

Fran

Fran,

You could not be more correct!! The Sunrisers have a great deal of respect and admiration for ALL of the corps in DCA and know that anything that we accomplish will have to be accomplished by hard work!! WE are not focused beating anyone, we are about making our performance the best it can be and letting our last performance be our best - but not as good as our next performance! EVERYONE works hard and everyone wants to be the best - I think that is why there is such a friendship between corps.

Again - to ALL of the corps in DCA - it was a pleasure performing with you!!