My take from the front row at the Rose Bowl 2007

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He marched in the Caballeros. Read people's profiles before you make an ### of yourself.

Hahahahahaha..this thread is funny...

...what's the point of this thread again?

Hahahahahaha..this thread is funny...

...what's the point of this thread again?

I think its about global warming, or a lockbox....

KUMQUATS!

I really don’t care about the kids, once drum corps went away from community based I lost that kind of connection. Sure, I don’t want them abused but I don’t care if they learn or grow. Too much credit is given to drum corps by drum corps, as epitomized in the Cadets show this year. Much of that, is more age related and many around here just happen to be in drum corps at that age

You state that once drum corps went away from being community based you lost connection to the kids. So, how do you know what they're learning these days?

What I learned from corps wasn't "strictly age related." I came back from each tour different, which was very evident as I started to hang around with my peers at home again.

But yeah, I can guess what you'll say....bah humbug, you don't care about the kids, you just want a song you can tap your toe to....that's the priority, the kids are just a means to an end.

Oh of course - it's just what he wants to see and hear. That's the important part of drum corps. Couldn't be the work or passion. I feel bad for him. :)