Your fave Rachacha moment?

The four to six mini-corps warming up around the loading dock and in the street all at the same time.

Makes you want to grab a horn and join in, Eay Cozy!!! B)

It was great but tough to hear our instructor at certain times so when we stopped playing we would just join in with the other corps and have some fun with their music. b**bs b**bs

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching 5 people I marched with in 1985 tear it up with Star United friday night. I just might take Becky up on her offer to come out and play with you guys sometime.

Seeing AmberWaves again for the first time in WAY too long. Getting to perform our runthru for you and my fellow Star Alumni was one of my favorite parts of the weekend. (Except for that big fat tic I made right in front of you. Didn't happen again...)

Having the best show of my post 2004 return to competition Sunday night with the Renegades.

Performing for the DCA crowd.

Hanging out with Dave Metzger.

Seeing G win the showmanship award. My. Favorite. Bari. Tech. Ever.

Getting to see my friends from Brigs again - Shawn, Christine, Evan, Jen, G, et al - great job Sunday night guys both at the show and at the hotel ;) Thanks for making sure I didn't miss my 5AM shuttle. LOL!!

Dinosour BBQ. Three times.

Joey Pero. I miss you and our all you can eat sushi nights!! And playing music with you. You and Charles are the BEST!!!

Meeting people from the forum.

The Crusaders hornline.

And how can I forget - getting to take the field with some of my Skyliner buddies - what an honor and pleasure! Neeeeeewwwww Yoooooork!!!!

Edited by SaraNYC

Gosh, Cozy....it was such a great weekend. I have a few: I loved having a great feast at Eros Restaurant in Rochester.

I really enjoyed having my picture taken with Ken Norman..;me in my Cabs uniform and Kenny in his, go figure, Skyliners uniform.

Playing my GD baritone with the other Cab alumni lead baris.

Having my best show of the season.

Seeing George Hayak receive his white sombrero.

seeing Brigs make such tremendous improvement...as did most of the corps.

Sitting around the pool with Peter, Sandy and my Cabs brothers and sisters.

Having breakfast with the Russos.

Listening to Ponzo play his solos.

Meeting this nice older couple....we invited them to share our taxi ride...and they refused to let me pay!

Watching Les Diplomats

1-Star at minicorps...brutally CLEAN!

2-Sky alums practising till 1am at the Clarion

3-Empire,Cabs, Cru and Renegades(my favs)

4-Seeing 83(I counted) old friends(1st time back in Roch in 30+ years)

5-Nick Tahous...

6-cycling all over Roch(its what I do)

7-Individuals...cool venue,,back in the day...the only ones who saw/knew who won was your mom(if she attended) and the other contestants...make me wanna pick up the old horn again...

My favorite moments:

The moments when various people.... fans, performers, staff members....... went out of their way to come up to me and ask about Barbara. My old Sunriser friend Gary Williams was one of the performers who came over to me WHILE his corps was setting up...like he didn't already have enough on his mind.

Thank you all. I'm glad I had a chance to get to Rochester for Finals. Barbara and I both plan to be there for the entire weekend next year!

Fran

playing a duet with my son at mini corps

Conducting Dream's Horns at warmups before Finals, with the Drumline in the middle of the circle.

Conducting Dream on the Field this year (thanks Bob!!).

Watching the concerts after Finals!!!

When Genevieve won the best showmanship award.

:)

agreed. agreed. agreed.

Congrats Genevieve! you deserve it :)

best moment other than the finals performance itself? standing 3 feet in front of Genevieve and Evan as the Brigs played the ballad for the last time in 07, amazinggg B)