after INdy in 2018

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add woodwinds. Add full electronics. Add projection imagery. Add other stuff and you don't havve D&BC any longer.

Well, as much as I am NOT for that; what did fans think when two valved bugles were introduced or when corps first started to use marching xylophones? I mean, I'm sure someone thought that was the end of everything.

I think we already discussed, and pianos being mallet percussion, they are already permissable.

But not THESE pianos! :)

Chuck!.jpg

Actually, between this field and the standard green ones, Tom Blair has a decent opportunity to go crazy with some chroma key effects for a joke easter egg for the DVDs. (For example, Regiment marching over a cloud filled sky)

I was there, and I never really had any trouble seeing anyone with a blue uniform.

It makes me sad, because we'll probably not have a lineup like this year for quite a while. The traffic just never seems to be headed this way, you know?

Only problem is housing. As much as I would love to see finals here, you're looking at Meridian, Nampa, Kuna, Eagle, and Boise proper. That's what, 12 high schools?

Boise is a wonderful town, but the metropolitan area needs a little developing, unless you want corps housed out in Mountain Home or Twin.

How about BC Place Stadium, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Covered stadium with astro-turf. Winter Olympics 2010 so there may be plenty of housing. Only problem is the 55 yard line, but since everyone will be on the same field, same issue. Maybe the colour could be teal by then, not green, not blue but teal. I'm dreaming. Also, mountains, ocean, trees and close to California, relatively speaking. Nice city for vacation too. Google BC Place Stadium.