OK...Prove It

Is anyone calling a pastor for last rites?

OK...prove me wrong.

Over 24000 saw Div I finals

Less than 3500 for a whole week of Div. II/III

What is it called when only the parents want to go and see it?

What's it called when there are more people in the choir than in the pews?

I call it life support. Hook up the tubes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming it's true, considering these facts are being presented entirely devoid of context, what's your point?

No need to be so rude, Tom. Honestly, if Div2/3 wasn't an enjoyable and worth while experience, then it would disappear. Yet it is still here. Yeah attendance is down, but so what? I don't see why you felt the need to bust in here and tell many members of Division 2/3 corps' that they should be writing their corps' will right now. That is EXTREMELY rude and thoughtless. You disappoint me, Tom.

No need to be so rude, Tom. Honestly, if Div2/3 wasn't an enjoyable and worth while experience, then it would disappear. Yet it is still here. Yeah attendance is down, but so what? I don't see why you felt the need to bust in here and tell many members of Division 2/3 corps' that they should be writing their corps' will right now. That is EXTREMELY rude and thoughtless. You disappoint me, Tom.

Yeah...I'm the problem. You're right. Blame me.

Here's a thought. Blame the II/III directors who refuse to anything bust stay in this dysfunctional relationship.

But you go ahead...blame the messenger because YOU don't like the message.

Yeah...I'm the problem. You're right. Blame me.

Here's a thought. Blame the II/III directors who refuse to anything bust stay in this dysfunctional relationship.

But you go ahead...blame the messenger because YOU don't like the message.

Lower attendance from teh AUDIENCE doesn;t mean Div II/III is dying...if it did, would we have seen VK, Mystikal, and Gold start up recently?

Yes, the number of div II corps is down....but is that because corps have folded, or because some have or are planning to move to Div I??

And do you really want the independent Div II/III guys (not SCVC and BDB, since they're supported by larger orgs) to go it by themselves without even the minimal support from DCI?? In the long run it might be a good thing, but in the short you;d probably REALLY see a drop in numbers fro corps folding.

A possibility would be for those interested to join DCU if it ever gets going, but they could still possibly face the same issues.

How much of a say in things to the Div II/III directors have??? They may not have any other choice.

And I gotta agree with Hippos....your arguments come across as very harsh.....you might want to back off a touch.

Lower attendance from teh AUDIENCE doesn;t mean Div II/III is dying...if it did, would we have seen VK, Mystikal, and Gold start up recently?

Yes, the number of div II corps is down....but is that because corps have folded, or because some have or are planning to move to Div I??

And do you really want the independent Div II/III guys (not SCVC and BDB, since they're supported by larger orgs) to go it by themselves without even the minimal support from DCI?? In the long run it might be a good thing, but in the short you;d probably REALLY see a drop in numbers fro corps folding.

A possibility would be for those interested to join DCU if it ever gets going, but they could still possibly face the same issues.

How much of a say in things to the Div II/III directors have??? They may not have any other choice.

And I gotta agree with Hippos....your arguments come across as very harsh.....you might want to back off a touch.

You mentioned it yourself. Audience is down...23% down after last year. And if no one comes to watch it...what is it? If it's "parents only" watching their kids...isn't it more like youth soccer than drum corps. Just go out in a park and sketch out a grid and everyone can bring their lawn chairs. It would be much cheaper for everybody.

Tom,

I am not sure that attendance is the only way to measure the success (or failure) of the D2/3 portion of the activity. If it was, then surely you would be correct in declaring the death of the 2/3 corps. Since it is not, I think this thread should turn into the reasons (besides revenue generation for DCI) why Div 2/3 is valuable to the activity. I for one, believe that the biggest advantage of the 2/3 community is that it allows an expanded amount of people the opportunity to experience the riches of marching in drum corps. Additionally, it provides the drum corps community with some pure, kick butt entertainment that is sometimes missing form the big boys and girls. Finally, in one of your posts here you asked for someone not to blame you. Your willingness to bring this discussion to a 2/3 forum can (and probably should) generate some discord about your opinion.

D

Is anyone calling a pastor for last rites?

OK...prove me wrong.

Over 24000 saw Div I finals

Less than 3500 for a whole week of Div. II/III

What is it called when only the parents want to go and see it?

What's it called when there are more people in the choir than in the pews?

I call it life support. Hook up the tubes.

Tom,

I am not sure that attendance is the only way to measure the success (or failure) of the D2/3 portion of the activity. If it was, then surely you would be correct in declaring the death of the 2/3 corps. Since it is not, I think this thread should turn into the reasons (besides revenue generation for DCI) why Div 2/3 is valuable to the activity. I for one, believe that the biggest advantage of the 2/3 community is that it allows an expanded amount of people the opportunity to experience the riches of marching in drum corps. Additionally, it provides the drum corps community with some pure, kick butt entertainment that is sometimes missing form the big boys and girls. Finally, in one of your posts here you asked for someone not to blame you. Your willingness to bring this discussion to a 2/3 forum can (and probably should) generate some discord about your opinion.

D

I'm more than happy to mix things up.

So...are we still putting the II/III members on unsafe transportation? Oh, I forgot...it's all about the members.

I'm more than happy to mix things up.

So...are we still putting the II/III members on unsafe transportation? Oh, I forgot...it's all about the members.

With so many corps chartering busses in the first place instead of owing their own fleets?? Probably not...and that problem was never limited to Div II/III....there were Div I FINALISTS who has bus problems...