OK...Prove It

As for DCA, they can barely handle the increase in Sr corps numbers in the last few years....no WAY they'd be able to take on a sudden influx of the Div II/III groups.

I am not to sure about that, the problem for DCA is having about 25 corps spread out all over the country with not enough performance opportunities that are within weekend only striking distance,....................get these II/III corps involved in weekend only activity, gets more corps available in closer proxcimity to each other, equals more chances for exposure to adjudication with more than two or three corps in a show,......................most active corps host a show now,...................or something,..........

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not to sure about that, the problem for DCA is having about 25 corps spread out all over the country with not enough performance opportunities that are within weekend only striking distance,....................get these II/III corps involved in weekend only activity, gets more corps available in closer proxcimity to each other, equals more chances for exposure to adjudication with more than two or three corps in a show,......................most active corps host a show now,...................or something,..........

Yes. That's what I'm talking about. DCA is growing pretty steadily in "non-traditional" areas right now. Just think how much more effective both DCA corps and DCI Div. II/III corps can be if they all have local shows to attend each weekend. Renegades & SoCal Dream along with VK, BDC, Fever, Gold, Impulse, Mystikal, etc. Or how about a show in Texas? Gulf Coast Sound, Frontier, Austin Stars, Revolution, etc.

Oh please.....you act like they all hide in the shadows of Dave Gibbs, George Hopkins, and Jeff Fiedler, begging for scraps and grateful to have dirt to eat ($1 to Bill Cosby), yet afraid to poke their heads of of their hole for fear of getting it shot off!!

To echo your own thread title....prove it.

As for DCA, they can barely handle the increase in Sr corps numbers in the last few years....no WAY they'd be able to take on a sudden influx of the Div II/III groups.

So you say they are actively trying to get a better deal for themselves. OK..I'll stand by and wait for their progress.

Since DCM folded...and I'm waiting. How's Garden State Circuit doing, by the way. It's ok...I'll be over here...waiting for all these efforts to pan out.

Still waiting.

are there 25 Div. II/IIIs? Hmmm does that include Surf and Spartans?

are there 25 Div. II/IIIs? Hmmm does that include Surf and Spartans?

There are 27 total....currently including Surf and Spartans, since any move to Div I for them has yet to be approved.

As for your previous post...prove that Div II/III dierctors ARE sitting on their collective #####, since that seems to be your contention...

With so many corps chartering busses in the first place instead of owing their own fleets?? Probably not...and that problem was never limited to Div II/III....there were Div I FINALISTS who has bus problems...

Bus problems? Did anyone say bus problems? Sky Ryders 1997 busses impounded by the State and held us up for a week or two while they were being repaired. Blue Devils busses did really look sea worthy and I'm sure there were others.

I had the luck of riding a Star of Indiana bus from Star HQ to one of our shows after spending the night at said HQ. What a ride that bus was compared to our old Buffalos.

Div II/III does need its own organization that won't be under the heel of DCI.

If there was something out there like Drum Corps Midwest again I think those corps would be marketed better because the parent organization would actually give a ****. B)

Putting DII/III under their own organization will kill them (if not severely damage that little knit-pick of the junior activity), and moving them to DCA won't do them any better.

DCI in general needs to look at and readjust exactly what each division is and emphasize the importance of every corps competing under DCI's umbrella.

I am not to sure about that, the problem for DCA is having about 25 corps spread out all over the country with not enough performance opportunities that are within weekend only striking distance,....................

That's true. On the other hand, DCA and DCI are already partnering to address that issue. Some DCI shows include all-age corps. Some DCA events include junior corps. Do you think that's a good enough solution?

That's true. On the other hand, DCA and DCI are already partnering to address that issue. Some DCI shows include all-age corps. Some DCA events include junior corps. Do you think that's a good enough solution?

I see nothing wrong with that. But taking division II and III and placing it under DCA's umbrella is a bad idea I think.