The perfect ending to VK's 2008 show

SF2K4

Well, I always thought what VK was known for was poking fun at not having fun. They did a tribute to SCV's "Bottle Dance," but it was all in good fun and was meant to honor SCV, not slap them down. I don't think the intent of the original suggestion would be to honor The Cadets.
What he said.

I still maintain that the ultimate VK show would be for them to get PR uniforms made in VK colors and do a PDQ Bach show.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't YEA or The Cadets or some other affiliate relase a shirt after '05 that made fun of narration or amps? It was posted on here a while back... I figured if they can poke fun at themselves, why can't someone else?

I don't really see the difference between what I said and the Bottle Dane joke. Joke being the keyword.

VK shouldn't ever get nasty about it...good comedy is always done with love. Of course, it should bite a little, and be funny because it's true.

There are corps people this summer that approached VK and asked why they hadn't included "tributes" to them in the VK show this year. And that's the way I've always seen what VK does...then and now...tributes.

Of course, the wackier the tribute, the better.

Are we in this much of a politically correct world that we can't even have an idea like this without the ####### polite police pissing on the parade.

I mean seriously, if they did something like that would it be class-less, well sure, but if, and only if pulling kids off the field during a quarters is class-less.

Oh, and was that done out of safety? Well ####, I was always taught not to look at the ground and stare down there, so get a new visual technique if you have to look at the blades of grass.

But let people voice what they would like to see, and if a corps wants to poke fun at something, well then do it.

Let's get off our high horses, take off the glasses that show us this politically correct world, and let people be who or what they want to be.

Somehow though you just know if the old VK was still around they would be mocking this whole amplification-narration debate.

I think many might be asking them to do so, but they would be doing whatever they thought was in their best interest in regards to just being entertaining.

Are we in this much of a politically correct world that we can't even have an idea like this without the ####### polite police pissing on the parade.

I mean seriously, if they did something like that would it be class-less, well sure, but if, and only if pulling kids off the field during a quarters is class-less.

Oh, and was that done out of safety? Well ####, I was always taught not to look at the ground and stare down there, so get a new visual technique if you have to look at the blades of grass.

But let people voice what they would like to see, and if a corps wants to poke fun at something, well then do it.

Let's get off our high horses, take off the glasses that show us this politically correct world, and let people be who or what they want to be.

k

Somehow though you just know if the old VK was still around they would be mocking this whole amplification-narration debate.

mocking the debate? not sure about that...

I honestly think that if the "old VK" or the "old Bridgemen" were around in DCI...especially if the great Bob Hoffman were still alive (God rest his soul)...his corps would be at the forefront of actually utilizing the technology to great and interesting effect.

I honestly think that if the "old VK" or the "old Bridgemen" were around in DCI...especially if the great Bob Hoffman were still alive (God rest his soul)...his corps would be at the forefront of actually utilizing the technology to great and interesting effect.

I saw Bobbie's West Penn HS band while he was still writing for them and I'd have to concur with your assessment. They used everything that was available.

You're right there. As much fun as both groups were, they were very both very cutting edge and progressive groups. I guess "mocking" was a bad choice of words, but there would be some zingers for sure.