The perfect ending to VK's 2008 show

SF2K4

Ok, so, I had an epiphany tonight and I'm dying to share it... if you don't think it's funny... well... poo on you. :P

So, closing to VK's show next year should go like this:

Guard/hornline member gets into a Cadets uni (preferably one from '06 for added humor) and begins the monologue (or one close to it) from the beginning of "This I Believe". During this time, guard/hornline members begin running one of those large caterpillar tunnels around the field a la SCV 2004. Just as the "Cadet" is about to get to the big "This I believe!" hit, the caterpillar approaches him and you think it'll take him in and spit out... something. But oh no. Shortly before it reaches him the tunnel slows down and out shoots the shark from 1992 which then proceeds to eat the "Cadet". Then, from behind the shark a guard/hornline member jumps around and holds up a sign that reads, "Now That's Art, This I Believe!"

Whatdya think? b**bs :P :blink::grouphug:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be truly hilarious B)

I still think that VK should open their show like this:

Some sort of soft music playing in the pit, with a mellophone solo or soli, and a narrator starting off on the microphone saying "I believe in art, I believe in free will," etc., and then all of a sudden, the rest of the corps stops the music and interrupts by yelling (un-mic'ed),

"HEY!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!"

Then the big loud opening statement with brass, perc, and flags.

Personally, I wish fans wouldn't project their continued dislike of Cadets' narration on other corps. It would be seen as just one more slap in the face and it would be such "old news" by next year. I hope this wasn't meant as just another Cadets bashing thread, along with the couple dozen others we've had since the end of the season.

I'm hoping VK is VK, whatever that means in today's drum corps environment. It took the VK of old several years to become the VK we remember and the VK of today has to find its own "voice" to be remembered down the road.

(Putting on flame-retardant suit.)

Some sort of soft music playing in the pit, with a mellophone solo or soli, and a narrator starting off on the microphone saying "I believe in art, I believe in free will," etc., and then all of a sudden, the rest of the corps stops the music and interrupts by yelling (un-mic'ed),

"HEY!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!"

That wouldn't be very classy of them. Not classy at all.

"HEY!!! SHUT UP!!!!!!!"

:grouphug::blink::lol::blink::lol:

Personally, I wish fans wouldn't project their continued dislike of Cadets' narration on other corps. It would be seen as just one more slap in the face and it would be such "old news" by next year. I hope this wasn't meant as just another Cadets bashing thread, along with the couple dozen others we've had since the end of the season.

I'm hoping VK is VK, whatever that means in today's drum corps environment. It took the VK of old several years to become the VK we remember and the VK of today has to find its own "voice" to be remembered down the road.

(Putting on flame-retardant suit.)

It's all in fun. I mean, poking fun at drum corps is what VK is known for, right?

It's all in fun. I mean, poking fun at drum corps is what VK is known for, right?

Well, I always thought what VK was known for was poking fun at not having fun. They did a tribute to SCV's "Bottle Dance," but it was all in good fun and was meant to honor SCV, not slap them down. I don't think the intent of the original suggestion would be to honor The Cadets.