The perfect ending to VK's 2008 show

SF2K4

Oh, and was that done out of safety? Well ####, I was always taught not to look at the ground and stare down there, so get a new visual technique if you have to look at the blades of grass.

Former Madison Scouts criticizing the Cadets' visual technique. Seems... funny.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and was that done out of safety? Well ####, I was always taught not to look at the ground and stare down there, so get a new visual technique if you have to look at the blades of grass.

Imagine a world where corps do things differently. It's easy if you try.

Hilarious. Especially if you actually read my post and new what I was getting at.

I know exactly what you're talking about... the whole hash controversy. Have you ever tried marching a show without hashes? Can you imagine trying to march a show like Cadets '07 production, which has very little room for error and some ridiculously tight forms, without hashes? I completely agree with Hopkins' decision (wow, never thought I'd be saying that) and it was definitely in the best interest of the kids.

This discussion has been rehashed too many times. I'm done.

This discussion has been rehashed too many times.

Heh. I'm lame, I know. :)

But seriously...actually, nevermind. Had an idea for VK's 2008 show, and it basically revolved around them paying tribute to the Cadets by playing "I'm A Believer." Don't know how it would work, but I think it could be a neat tribute (key word there: tribute). Thoughts? Criticisms? Should I expect more of the latter? Please don't hurt me.

The new VK needs to create their own unique version of VK.

They need to be VK Now... not The Ghost of VK Past.

Otherwise, they're just drum corps' James Belushi...

So what are you saying? Are suggesting that they don't use humor in their shows? Are you suggesting that they throw the past completely away and never give suggestion or honor to it?

How about this, how about this... after what I said is over the caterpillar continues moving, "swallows" everyone, and then out spits a catholic school girl? :P

Yeah, i've marched plenty of shows without hashes, and I was able to not get killed and know where I was going because, well...I knew where I was going and not staring at the ground.

Just my thoughts.

How many Cadets shows have you marched with or without hashes?

If the answer is < 1 your opinion on the matter is irrelevant because you don't know what you are talking about

Heh. I'm lame, I know. :)

But seriously...actually, nevermind. Had an idea for VK's 2008 show, and it basically revolved around them paying tribute to the Cadets by playing "I'm A Believer." Don't know how it would work, but I think it could be a neat tribute (key word there: tribute). Thoughts? Criticisms? Should I expect more of the latter? Please don't hurt me.

I agree! I think it'd be pretty cool to basically have a show about another show.