DCI 2007, 1st-4th

2-Cadets ... great group -- remember 1993 when Cadets won with "When Kings Go Off to War" and Star took second with a "controversial show" yet most people agreed the "best corps" was probably Star????? I don't know that this Cadets show will grow on people over time like that 93 Star show did b/c of the narration, but outside of the narration this was a great group with a very good show ... OTHER THAN the narration.

What? I seem to remember it being very split here. There was a poll saying which show did you think was better, and Cadets did just as well as Star. I loved them both, but Cadets 93 was amazing.

1.Cadets

2.BD

3.Cavies

4.Phantom

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Blue Devils, in a class by themselves in just about all aspects of marching music for 2007. Solid, textbook execution, a show true to their own style, not caveing in to anyone elses idea of what a winning formula should be. Brass and percussion on fire and an intensity level unmatched by any other corps.

2. SCV, Technically one of the hardest shows this year, pleasing to both the ear and the eye. Guard was outstanding and drill vintage SCV, fast paced, in yoru face and non-stop. 2nd is a stretch but I'll take music over mouth any day.

3. Cadets - Execution problems Saturday night and a controversials how that left many sitting on their hands or scratching their heads. You shouldnt have to "get past..." anything in the show, it either works or it doesnt. This didnt work, I believe.

4. (tie) Carolina Crown/Bluecoats - Two corps on the move that presented the best of their best this year.

6. Phantom Regiment - Awesome sound, nice, wide open drill but hideous, downright hideous guard uniforms that toally put the breaks on a classy, ethereal presentation and theme.

~G~

Cadets-Very difficult and moving show performed at an extremely high level. Were they the cleanest no. . .but given the difference in difficult levels for the top 2 I would give the nod to the maroon team.

BD-Very clean, some nice part musically, but other than that a big yawner. Nothing visually stood out at all, and the last 3rd or more of the show musically is completely forgettable.

Out of the top 4 next would be Phantom. I thought they stepped it up some visually. Not sold on their brass like many are, but again, a much more memorable show than Cavies.

Cavies-They were handed a bit of a gift I think (as was SCV). I would have had Crown and Coats in top 4/5.

cadets, by around a point. 98.5-99.

bd, 97.5-98 (wasnt going to happen in pasedena though, there'd be riots.)

phantom 97

bluecoats 96.6?

crown (coats and crown within around .1, as actually wound up happening...either corps could have been on top) 96.5

cavies, 96

scv, 95.5 (wasnt going to happen in cali though, either.)

honest opinion. oh well. possibly the first year where ive honestly felt like the judges got it really wrong.

1. Blue Devils, in a class by themselves in just about all aspects of marching music for 2007. Solid, textbook execution, a show true to their own style, not caveing in to anyone elses idea of what a winning formula should be. Brass and percussion on fire and an intensity level unmatched by any other corps.

2. SCV, Technically one of the hardest shows this year, pleasing to both the ear and the eye. Guard was outstanding and drill vintage SCV, fast paced, in yoru face and non-stop. 2nd is a stretch but I'll take music over mouth any day.

3. Cadets - Execution problems Saturday night and a controversials how that left many sitting on their hands or scratching their heads. You shouldnt have to "get past..." anything in the show, it either works or it doesnt. This didnt work, I believe.

4. (tie) Carolina Crown/Bluecoats - Two corps on the move that presented the best of their best this year.

6. Phantom Regiment - Awesome sound, nice, wide open drill but hideous, downright hideous guard uniforms that toally put the breaks on a classy, ethereal presentation and theme.

~G~

w/Stp:

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Phantom Regiment

4. Bluecoats

5. Crown

6. Cavaliers

7. SCV

I would, despite hating the narration, place Cadets in first. Their show was intense, and excellent, just annoying. BD was clean as always, but I really only enjoyed the music. Phantom, us, and Crown I would interchange pretty freely. I hated the changes to Phantom's uniform, the guard outfits, and the visual stuff at the end. From our show, I thought we pretty much lived being "Criminal" but I guess the judges disagreed. Maybe if we would've slowed down time during the laser scene, or toe-led our closer, or even stopped to spin and play more often instead of marching. Crown had a similar and what would be "easy" to sell idea, as ours should've been. The Cavaliers show bored me to death. The music wasn't fun for me to listen to, the drill I've seen wasn't that exciting either. People said their first movement was fantastic, but I don't know, I haven't seen it still. And SCV I'm still not sold on.

BD - show didn't connect with me, but undeniable performance and execution

Cadets - again, show didn't connect with me, but the performance was there for second

SCV - LOVED this show - one of my favorites

Cavies - Visually interesting (though dirty), but musically, very uninteresting to me. Another show that didn't connect with me.

1. BD

2. Cadets

3. PR

>4. Cavies