DCI 2007, 1st-4th

I was also there Taq - I was right down in front in the middle of everyone for finals night (splitting 45-50, row 20). The crowd was extremely unresponsive to the Cadets. To say otherwise is just not true.

The microphones for the finals recording must've picked up something you didn't hear then....they sound pretty darn responsive to me....

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple questions: Who won the Spirit of Disney this year?

I know what the stated criteria for the award is, but who decides which corps gets it?

It's one of those ambiguous awards that never really made sense to me - and I was in a corps that won it, lol.

Couple questions: Who won the Spirit of Disney this year?

Carolina Crown!

I would have to put it

BD

Cadets

Cavies

4th in my opinion could have gone to either SCV or Bluecoats. I think if you had swapped 4th and 7th place(Coats and Phantom), it would have been the most accurate placement. But when you have 4 corps(4th thru 7th) within a point of each other, I think it tells you the top 7 were all in contention for the title at some point in the season.

1. Blue Devils

2. Phantom Regiment

3. The Cadets

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. The Cavaliers

6. Bluecoats

7. Carolina Crown

I made no mention of reason, nor demographics in my post. I simply mentioned that crowd was quiet, since he had contended that they were not.

But that's only where you were sitting..just like where I was sitting, the crowd was TOTALLY responsive. Either way, the show was still good, narration or not.

But that's only where you were sitting..just like where I was sitting, the crowd was TOTALLY responsive. Either way, the show was still good, narration or not.

BTW...in a different thread, wishbonecav stated that the Cadets, at least at 1/4-finals, had a great crowd reaction...he placed theirs second behind BD, I think. Even with the silly booing before they went on by the mental midgets in the crowd.

The microphones for the finals recording must've picked up something you didn't hear then....they sound pretty darn responsive to me....

Yeah, I was sitting right where Slow Adam was (on the 50 about 22 rows up) at finals and the crowd response to the Cadets was huge. I'd put it fourth behind BD, Phantom and Crown.

Edited by Hrothgar15