Mangione chart

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1973 Magnificent Yankees- "Hill Where the Lord Hides" (1st corps to play a Mangione chart)

...and "Enchano" by the Hawthorne Caballeros ?1976?

Legend (BD '76 Style).

Both "Legend" and Chase the Clouds Away - BD 1976.

They were PERFECT together and throw Channel One in for the opener and you have one of the best shows in DCI history.

The Getzville, NY Suburban Knights senior corps also played "Hill" in '73.

Yeah Getzville...right next door to North Tonawanda. I bet Steve Cooley wrote that too.

"Legend" and "Chase the Clouds Away"

What Sam said.

On the DCA side, we (Sunrisers) played "Legend" in the early 1980's, and the Buccaneers played some Mangione stuff, too.... "Bellavia" and "Feels So Good" are two I remember.

I also seem to remember DCA's Kingston Grenadiers doing an all-Mangione show several years ago.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

What Sam said.

On the DCA side, we (Sunrisers) played "Legend" in the early 1980's, and the Buccaneers played some Mangione stuff, too.... "Bellavia" and "Feels So Good" are two I remember.

I also seem to remember DCA's Kingston Grenadiers doing an all-Mangione show several years ago.

Fran

Bellevia might have been the first Mangione chart Buccs did, early in my "career". Totally forgot about it. :wub:

Memory from show somewhere. Watching Buccs near some Cabs members. Buccs are playing a Mangione chart and someone asks the title. Cab turns around and sez: "El Gato Triste... English translation Someone Tripped Over the Cat". :huh:

Don't think I've heard a Mangione number done by a corps that I DIDN'T like!

Land of Make Believe, One-Eyed Sailor, Bellavia, Echano, Chase the Clouds Away, Hill, Gato ... if pressed to choose, umm, sorry -- can't.

jo

Brian-...yeah, but the Suburban Knights first performance was on a Sunday. The day before, the Yankees did their show, so they were the first corps to play "Hill Where the Lord Hides." :P

just kidding b**bs