そのイメージもヤ〜ダ!

Oh man, I forgot about that. Bad precedent! :rolleyes:

...shudder...

Edited by vanguard87

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be awesome if the guard used 刀 and 旗印 instead of sabers and flags, and maybe some 太鼓 in the pit.

Vanguard used 旗印 in 1986 (yes, in a Russian show--go figure). Check out the baritones at about 3:30 on the DVD. Let me tell you: they are beasts to move around and almost impossible to get uniform from person to person.

Pasadena was the first show I attended in person since amps became legal. I understand the rationale for amping the pit, and I'm fine with it, but I feel like amping concert bass drums is cheating somehow. Amped 太鼓 would loosen peoples' dental work.

When did Terrence I. McGee start running Babelfish???

From the sources I have, Terrance I. McGee wrote to The Cavaliers last year when The Cadets came out with their "I believe speech thing". He wasn't sure which corps was going to do the "This I believe" when he wrote it. Well his note was very interesting, and knowing Terrence, your not surprised. At the end of the letter, he drew a :rolleyes:, :huh:, and :doh:- .

Since they already had picked out the 2007 show they wrote back to Terrance and said they would do a similar show in 2008 to include what they thought he wrote.

:doh:-

I can see it now...the entire guard dressed to mimic John Belushi's character from the old SNL skit "Samurai Delicatessen".

Sweet.

They'd better start practicing their Samurai scream now. Oh, and they'd better start packing on the weight, because the pencil thin look from the past seasons won't cut it. and grow some thick dark hair...

Edited by ssorrell

Pasadena was the first show I attended in person since amps became legal. I understand the rationale for amping the pit, and I'm fine with it, but I feel like amping concert bass drums is cheating somehow. Amped 太鼓 would loosen peoples' dental work.

That reminds me: is it just me or was Vanguard's pit amped perfectly this year? Definitely one of the best sounding pits at finals...just listen to the opening in the recording, there's some great stuff there.

it'd be one of those 'have the mallets play two bars of melody and then have two bars of tenor/snare/bass lick while the corps runs around in rotating blocks' dealies.

for any corps, really, not just the cavies.

its pretty much a perfect piece for that.

Maybe they're doing a tribute to Kurosawa and The Seven Samurai? (Then they could do a western-themed show the following summer with The Magnificent Seven.)

Actually, this could be a pretty cool show. A Kodo percussion feature could be very cool.