2008 Final$ package ticket price preview

And those cheaper seats are where?....Outside the 5 yardlines? A family of four, paying $75 a ticket, pays $300. One show, not the most expensive tickets. It still ain't chump change, no matter how you slice it.

In comparison to things like hotels, airline tickets, and food $300 for 4 tickets is pretty much chump change.

Just casually looking on travelocity, a family of 4 is looking at about $360 PER PERSON just for flights and 1 hotel room for Friday, and Saturday.

Even cut the cost of tickets in half and you're looking at the difference between $1590 and $1740, which personally doesn't seem like much of a difference when you are talking about a family trip.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, let's use your numbers. Family of 5 at say $135 is $675.

First, most people at most games don't have to make a vacation out of going to a game. Second, when drum corps has a fan base even 1/4 of what football, basketball, baseball or even hockey has, then use them for comparison. Drum corps has never been in that league, not even close.

Well, I just used your prices. Guess it isn't really baloney anyway, unless you are trying to say that drum corps isn't supposed to be a family activity.

Congratulations, you have officially determined that it costs more money for more people to do something.

Let's have another look at the seating charts..... It appears you can get as close to the center as the 30 yardline while only paying $170 for all 5 shows. So no, you don't have to be outside the 5's to get cheaper seats. The 5 yardline insanity applies only to the club level.

Getting seats between the 30's has been expensive for families for years. This is not a new argument. Prices did go up a little over previous years, but 2 shows were added to the package.

As much as I'd like to agree with you I keep thinking back to part of the reason why DCI isn't on PBS anymore -- DCI fans who pledged during finals broadcasts and then didn't come through with a check. :beer: <**>

Was that the problem?? I thought it was drum corps fans calling up during the pledge breaks and complaining about the pledge breaks. "Put the corps back on!!!" "Show the entire top 12 live and unedited and I'll pledge $20!!!" :worthy:

Let's have another look at the seating charts..... It appears you can get as close to the center as the 30 yardline while only paying $170 for all 5 shows. So no, you don't have to be outside the 5's to get cheaper seats. The 5 yardline insanity applies only to the club level.

Getting seats between the 30's has been expensive for families for years. This is not a new argument. Prices did go up a little over previous years, but 2 shows were added to the package.

No. My family paid top price for semi's at the Rose Bowl. Those "Super Premium" $75.00 seats put us squarely on 20 yard line. Garbage. :)

$210 extending past the 5 yard line! DCI just priced this family of five out of finals week. <**>

"The Family Plan":

This "Family of one" is also passing on "DCI". <**>

Elphaba

As much as I'd like to agree with you I keep thinking back to part of the reason why DCI isn't on PBS anymore -- DCI fans who pledged during finals broadcasts and then didn't come through with a check. :beer: <**>

This would require billing one's credit card before getting an activation code, though.

And you could have paid less and been closer to the 50 by sacrificing height.

I'm sorry. Silly me for assuming the best seats were the most expensive. Don't worry, it won't happen again. Those 20 yard line seats will be available for the next sucker in Indy. (And here, I'll respond for you: "If you don't like it then leave!"). :)

Edited by Ahamay Oton