Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

Being a part of that crowd and totally loving that show, I can tell you that the crowd indeed was rabid for that show, and deservedly so. Hrothies wording and exagerations actualy bastardize the entire reality of this almost making light of the facts regarding how intense we responded and loved that show.

I cant take anything he says seriously and unfortunately, 2000 Cadets and Crowd responses is the victim of that.........

Now, reality, in my opinion ?? 2000 Cadets has/had something for everybody, intensity, passion, precision, emotion, deadly execution, brass/percussion, colorguard, tradition, inovation, pageantry and performance......As I stated a while ago in another post. I can remember , like it was yesterday, that Company front in the end of the show, where the "reprise" comes, and the brass moves forward diagonaly. At that moment, I looked up at the sky and watched it from that odd angle, it wa ssurreal and I said to myself, all giddy like a little girl, and I quote " Wow, I am witnessing one of the greatest, most pleasing moments in my drum corps history" And that goes back to 1979.

2000 Cadets ? A really good thing......

~G~

Oh, sorry I think this show is so incredible that I tend to exaggerate the awesome crowd reaction it received... :blink:

Grow up.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a part of that crowd and totally loving that show, I can tell you that the crowd indeed was rabid for that show, and deservedly so. Hrothies wording and exagerations actualy bastardize the entire reality of this almost making light of the facts regarding how intense we responded and loved that show.

I cant take anything he says seriously and unfortunately, 2000 Cadets and Crowd responses is the victim of that.........

Now, reality, in my opinion ?? 2000 Cadets has/had something for everybody, intensity, passion, precision, emotion, deadly execution, brass/percussion, colorguard, tradition, inovation, pageantry and performance......As I stated a while ago in another post. I can remember , like it was yesterday, that Company front in the end of the show, where the "reprise" comes, and the brass moves forward diagonaly. At that moment, I looked up at the sky and watched it from that odd angle, it wa ssurreal and I said to myself, all giddy like a little girl, and I quote " Wow, I am witnessing one of the greatest, most pleasing moments in my drum corps history" And that goes back to 1979.

2000 Cadets ? A really good thing......

~G~

If you are going to cut someone down, at least use proper spelling.

The scary thing is that I agree with most of what "Hrothy" says on most topics.

(the grammar nazi strikes again!!! ^0^ )

Edited by skewerz

Pot? Kettle? Black?

True, but at the same time, Hroth is indeed a young guy, I am assuming around 20. He is being argued with by a 40-something. :blink:

No. Did you miss the rest of the show? It was a kick*** show from start to finish, and I still think that ending is one of the most intense/entertaining ever put on the field.

Well Mr. Posture.....I do remember the show well. I liked the opener.

It was a sound show, and had enough emotion and determination to come out on top. It covered the GE sheets quite well, but it wasn't the most entertaining show in the history of the activity. Ask the guard chick flashing the gang signs..she'll agree.

Edited by siuehist

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Hrothgar15.

· View this post

· Un-ignore Hrothgar15

Seeing this every time I log onto DCP and click on a thread makes me a happy camper.

It was a sound show, and had enough emotion and determination to come out on top. It covered the GE sheets quite well, but it wasn't the most entertaining show in the history of the activity. Ask the guard chick flashing the gang signs..she'll agree.

I think Madison 99 was more entertaining. In fact, there were some shows we had with Madison where it seems they got more of a crowd response than we did.

Gang signs? You mean the Sammy Sosa thing they threw in before the last company front or whatever?

Gang signs? You mean the Sammy Sosa thing they threw in before the last company front or whatever?

I thought it was the Sammy Sosa thing too, but apparently it's a "gang sign". I'll have to tell Karen about that the next time I see her.