Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

Call them whatever you want, doesnt change the fact that you dont know what you are talking about.

~G~

ok, normally I never agree with GMichael, but he isnt arguing whether Cadets 2000 had a louder crown reaction than Crown 2007. He is saying it IS NOT your argument because you WERE NOT there....period. you sound very naive and immature when you debate and state things to people who were ACTUALLY there. you are like an annoying little sibling that always has to be correct, whether you know what you're talking about or not. And its even more annoying here, because you have NEVER marched. its like you lack the ability to have common sense in a social enviornment. I am sure you're going to respond to this with your usual "how am I this when clearly ______" and "these are just my opinions" and "because I havent marched my opinion doesnt mean less" and "Im an annoying 19 yr old who doesnt know when to shut up" and etc.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen this whole show but I have seen the drum break. The Tenor drum break is one of the best I've ever seen.

ok, normally I never agree with GMichael, but he isnt arguing whether Cadets 2000 had a louder crown reaction than Crown 2007. He is saying it IS NOT your argument because you WERE NOT there....period. you sound very naive and immature when you debate and state things to people who were ACTUALLY there. you are like an annoying little sibling that always has to be correct, whether you know what you're talking about or not. And its even more annoying here, because you have NEVER marched. its like you lack the ability to have common sense in a social enviornment. I am sure you're going to respond to this with your usual "how am I this when clearly ______" and "these are just my opinions" and "because I havent marched my opinion doesnt mean less" and "Im an annoying 19 yr old who doesnt know when to shut up" and etc.

But again, those silly little things called recordings have preserved what really happened for the rest of time. Not much to argue there. I don't see where who was there really matters, even though it seems that some people seem to allow that to cause them to feel more important around here (not directed at you, pb). You may not like Hroth (or me, or whoever, etc) for whatever reason. . .but at least criticize with good reason.

But again, those silly little things called recordings have preserved what really happened for the rest of time. Not much to argue there. I don't see where who was there really matters, even though it seems that some people seem to allow that to cause them to feel more important around here (not directed at you, pb). You may not like Hroth (or me, or whoever, etc) for whatever reason. . .but at least criticize with good reason.

ugh, you miss interpreted the message of my post.

ugh, you miss interpreted the message of my post.

Maybe I did. It sounded to me like you were saying that since he was not there he should not debate something about the event with someone who was there, in spite of his (and our) ability to view what happened through audio and video recordings. So, what did I miss?

I thought it was the Sammy Sosa thing too, but apparently it's a "gang sign". I'll have to tell Karen about that the next time I see her.

A joke!

I honestly feel like audiences are nowhere near as raucous as they were just 5 or 10 years ago, but i guess im a part of that as well.

Show by show, I am doing my part to fix this.

1660262840_1b51db7ed3_o.png

...............................................................^ Yours truly

Actually, you can watch the EnCorps! videos to see my crazy antics semifinals night. My hyperbolic language pales in comparison to the raucous response I gave these corps...I type it as I feel it. :P

Are you seriously trying to tell me that the audience reaction to Cadets 2000 was not greater than that of Crown 2007?

I am going off facts.

It is a FACT that the amount of audience noise before the show is greatly higher than that before Crown's show.

It is a FACT that there was a giant collective roar from the audience before the big push in the opener.

It is a FACT that the response to the tenor feature was greater that of any of Crown's percussion features.

It is a FACT that there was a standing ovation after the hornline switch-off feature.

It is a FACT that the reaction at the end of the Cadets show was significantly more intense than that at the end of Crown's show, and that the final chords are barely audible.

Would you like to dispute these facts?

Fact - the 2000 Finals were broadcast live on PBS. Fact - there were long breaks between each corps for commercials, plugs, fundraising, etc. Fact - the announcer reminded the audience that they were returning to live TV broadcast before each corps began to get the audience fired up for TV. Fact - 2007 was not broadcast live on television. Fact - there is no comparison. (Yes, I saw both years live)

You can't base everything off the recordings, and since you were not there, you really don't know.

The reaction to 2000 Cadets was huge, and deservedly so. But please don't try to compare to future years under different conditions to try to make apples to apples comparisons when it's simply apples and oranges.