Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about Cadets this year vs. 2000 Lance? My seats were splitting the 45-50, 20 rows up from field level, and the reaction for Cadets almost seemed like an obligatory standing ovation and polite clapping. The crowd was bonkers for SCV and BD (obviously) as well as Phantom and Crown.

Are you talking about Cadets this year vs. 2000 Lance? My seats were splitting the 45-50, 20 rows up from field level, and the reaction for Cadets almost seemed like an obligatory standing ovation and polite clapping. The crowd was bonkers for SCV and BD (obviously) as well as Phantom and Crown.

I was talking about 2007 in general. Somebody was saying nothing in 07 compared with the crowd reaction that the Cadets got in 00. Having been there, my perception is that's not correct. That's all I was saying.

i think cadets 2007 was more entertaining than 2000 because it was effective from the first hit all the way to the last note. 2000 has great moments, but there seems to be a gaping hole in the middle between chaos and the drum stuff. at least in my opinion.

I love your sig - UofT has the worst football team in Canada. They were shut out 3 games in a row one time, one game being a 70-0 loss. But everyone that goes to UofT knows the football team will never bee good...the school has too many doctors, lawyers, mathematicians and engineers and not enough 6 year business majors. :P

I was talking about 2007 in general. Somebody was saying nothing in 07 compared with the crowd reaction that the Cadets got in 00. Having been there, my perception is that's not correct. That's all I was saying.

Thanks for the clarification. The 2007 crowd had it's moments, but in general I am finding the crowds are less boisterous. I can't comment on the 2000 crowd as I wasn't there.

No problem. What I said was pretty ambiguous. And I agree about crowd reaction towards the Cadets in 07. Great talent, and some spectacular drum corps throughout, but the crowd reaction at the end of the show wasn't much more than polite applause, overall. The end of the opener got more reaction.

No problem. What I said was pretty ambiguous. And I agree about crowd reaction towards the Cadets in 07. Great talent, and some spectacular drum corps throughout, but the crowd reaction at the end of the show wasn't much more than polite applause, overall. The end of the opener got more reaction.

Do you guys actually sit at home and watch this stuff on TV? Like during the winter? You may actually be nuttier than you sound while you're killing each other? Why can't you sit quietly in your chairs playing Echo 3 or whatever it is like normal kids (i.e. 11 - 45 year old males)

i don't know, dude.

the crowd response at finals was the most intense i've ever experienced from the field.

but hey, what do i know? either way... fun show, great year. 2001 was a better corps, though.

Being a part of that crowd and totally loving that show, I can tell you that the crowd indeed was rabid for that show, and deservedly so. Hrothies wording and exagerations actualy bastardize the entire reality of this almost making light of the facts regarding how intense we responded and loved that show.

I cant take anything he says seriously and unfortunately, 2000 Cadets and Crowd responses is the victim of that.........

Now, reality, in my opinion ?? 2000 Cadets has/had something for everybody, intensity, passion, precision, emotion, deadly execution, brass/percussion, colorguard, tradition, inovation, pageantry and performance......As I stated a while ago in another post. I can remember , like it was yesterday, that Company front in the end of the show, where the "reprise" comes, and the brass moves forward diagonaly. At that moment, I looked up at the sky and watched it from that odd angle, it wa ssurreal and I said to myself, all giddy like a little girl, and I quote " Wow, I am witnessing one of the greatest, most pleasing moments in my drum corps history" And that goes back to 1979.

2000 Cadets ? A really good thing......

~G~