Cadets 2000 - We Are the Future

Cadets 2000 is one of the shows that really got me into drum corps. I didn't fully appreciate it until I watched the show in its entirety on a nice TV with Bose surround sound. Flippin awesome...I'd say it's one of the more entertaining shows, but not the most entertaining.

Devs were great that year too...and Cavies...and SCV...and Boston...and Crossmen...and BK...

I think 2000 was one of the most entertaining years. ever. :P

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a 'behind-the-back' tenor solo, and a 'play your neighbors' horn solo equates to the most entertaining show ever? That was 20 seconds of the show.

No, but you must have obviously slept through the other parts of the show.

Yes. The company front at the end, the insane unwinding moves, the famous death box stuff, turnaround with the scream at the beginning, all the other great drum solos, and everything else in the show pretty much put me to sleep

I was in a Coma throughout the entire show.

I think if you are a drum corps fan or bando, that Cadets 2000 is up there, but I have to say that shows like this years' Triple Crown from Carolina Crown stole more hearts and applause from the stands than the Cadets 2000 show. Was it a better show? Probably not but from a popcorn eater standpoint I bet it would get a higher vote.

I am a Cadets diehard btw.

Crown's show was one of the greatest shows I've seen in a while, but while that's the case, I hardly believe it would get a higher vote. Nevertheless, Crown had me out of my seat the entire time.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I think if you are a drum corps fan or bando, that Cadets 2000 is up there, but I have to say that shows like this years' Triple Crown from Carolina Crown stole more hearts and applause from the stands than the Cadets 2000 show. Was it a better show? Probably not but from a popcorn eater standpoint I bet it would get a higher vote.

I am a Cadets diehard btw.

Crown 2007, as epic as it is, didn't have NEARLY the amount of audience reaction finals night that Cadets 2000 did. Besides, the Cadets did get a full standing ovation during the show that year. No corps came close to doing that this year.

Crown 2007, as epic as it is, didn't have NEARLY the amount of audience reaction finals night that Cadets 2000 did. Besides, the Cadets did get a full standing ovation during the show that year. No corps came close to doing that this year.

:rolleyes:

You were there?

You were there?

One of the things I like about a post like this is that you can't be wrong. One of the most "entertaining" shows I've ever seen was '92 VK... Camp Randall was going nuts by the end. A few of the Bridgemen shows (but I'm biased and should recuse myself). I loved 1975 Muchachos.

Weirdly, one of my favorites for entertainment was 1995 Cadets, with the little town built on the field. I'm not a prop person, or a John Williams person to any great extent, but that show really made me happy.

This is a thread where no one should get icky with each other (actually it seems to me that we should never do that anyway... I think that being courteous was the origin of DCP as an entity replacing that angry RAMD). It's interesting to read people's takes on what entertains them.

I sat in front of a group of Japanese folks who attended the finals in Buffalo in '95. When Madison came on they were orgasmic (if that's a word). I didn't love the Scouts that year, but it was cool watching these young folks loving them like they were gods with bugles!!!

I did like '59 Scouts (I was only 8 back then but I had them on a Fleetwood recording from the VFW nationals). Also '63 Sky was a classic, and I loved '65 Sunrisers too. man this is hard!!!! '65 Royal Aires, '64 St. Kevin's, '79 Reading, '76 Blue Devils - '83 Garfield, '84 Garfield... man, no wonder I've enjoyed this activity so much... I almost forgot some of these shows!!!

Blue Rock from the early '70s, yikes!!! '74 SCV!!!!!! '84 Scouts - Cats!!! '69 Boston!!! (better go take my meds now... sorry)

You were there?

I am going off the finals night recordings. On the Cadets recording, you can't hear a single word Brandt Crocker says, the shoutouts at the beginning of the show proceed for over a minute after the show actually begins, there is a collective "HHHHHHHYYEEEEEEEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" from the audience before the glorious push, the crowd goes absolutely wild for the tenor feature, there's a full standing ovation after the hornline switch-off feature, and you can't hear the last few chords of the show.

Crown's reaction this year wasn't nearly as intense (and I was in the stands for that one). People ate up "the chord" in the introduction, though.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

~G~